Air rifle trophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air rifle trophy

So, i have a new gamo air rifle, and my plans are using it to discourage cows at my feeders. Upon this plan, i found myself wondering what all could be taken with it. Oviously not a cow, but what could i expect to kill with it, and what size/type pellets?

Apparently it's all about shot placement.
    Don't give up on the cows yet.
    Collared doves are fun targets.

------------------------------------
    To those that do not know the world is on fire, I have nothing to say.
    -Bertolt Brecht

Comment

I've seen a lot of criticism on here about shooting cows with air rifles (especially landowners cows) ... J/s... I killed a foxand a raccoon last year at my place with a gamo ..177 pellet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't use the air rifle because of noise--I use a flipper/slingshot with 1/4 or 5/16 nuts from the bulk hardware aisle at Tractor Supply. Killed a few cottontails with them too.

Comment

Believe me, ive tried almost EVERYTHING to deter the cows. Ive even gone as far as buying salt licks to draw the cows away from my area. I own my own heard, and personally, have no issues shooting them in the rear w/a pellet gun.

Comment

keith warren host of " the high road" has video of him hog hunting with them. dont know that i would try it but its cool to watch on you tube.

Comment

Sling shot and glass marbles 3/8" or larger. You can shootem a pretty good distance with the right rig. Mine will shootem 70-80 yards. And it don't break the cattle skin. Very quiet too, except for the cow running off.

Comment

That pellet will penetrate a cow hide, I would suggest sling shot. They are easier to carry also.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                  That pellet will penetrate a cow hide, I would suggest sling shot. They are easier to carry also.
                  ^^This^^ I wouldn't shoot someone else's cattle with a Gamo. It will probably break the skin and an infection could set in causing all sorts of grief for all involved.

Comment

Lord I hope you're shooting your own cows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They're your cows. Shoot away and let us know the results!

Comment

Looks like sling shot instead

Comment

We use those .22 calibres, has a bb instead of the actual round for javelinas and it sounds like your gun just misfires. Doesn't seem to hurt them, but they will leave. Or take a bunch of rocks and chunk it at them.

Comment

I carried several blunt tips with me. One good shot to the rear!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	24456346

Comment

Shooting another man's cattle with a pellet gun like Gamo will likely end bad for you. Good luck.

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                              X