Good ole fresh trout! Not salt water!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good ole fresh trout! Not salt water!

Grilling up some fresh trout I pulled out of a few streams a few days ago in Colorado. We shall see how they turn out. First time cooking and eating trout that aren’t if the speckled verity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ought to be real good, I order that a lot at restaurants.

Comment

Lemon juice salt and pepper wrap in tinfoil and grill. Absolutely delicious my favorite fish to catch and eat

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
        Lemon juice salt and pepper wrap in tinfoil and grill. Absolutely delicious my favorite fish to catch and eat

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Smothered with melted butter, crushed sea salt, black pepper, dill weed, and thyme in a mortar and pestle and sprinkled and rubbed in cavities, added minced garlic and thin sliced lemon. Seared and then smoked on mesquite for 15 mins. Hot diggity dammmm! Can’t wait to be back up there for two weeks of elk hunting in early archery. Might need to fill a cooler up! Wife is tearing up her trout!

Comment

I usually remove the skin so the seasoning can get to the meat!

Comment

Gotta give rutnbuk full credit for sharing his honey holes on the trout! Me and that guy are gonna have some fun chasing elk and rippin lips in a couple weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
              I usually remove the skin so the seasoning can get to the meat!

Thought about it but didn’t want it to fall apart on the grill. Believe me, we were more than pleased how it turned out!!!

Comment

Dang that looks good. Or looked like it was good lol

Comment

When fresh by far one of my favorite to catch and eat. I do mine almost exactly how you did yours

Comment

Working...
                  X