X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hundred dollar bills and ammo

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
      I read the title aloud to my wife. She asked me to not start a list, she didn't want TBH to crash

I really do have a small problem. I can't seem to throw anything that has any value away. I may need it someday. It doesn't matter that I haven't needed it in 10 years...one of these days I MAY need it
      I'm finally getting over this exact issue but still wrestle with it.

What's bad is my Grandfather passed away probably about a decade ago and he was the same way. When they cleaned out his house he had arbitrary junk everywhere and they were going to throw it out.............I said I'd take it because you never know when you'll need 5 pieces of electrical cords from lights or radios that quit working. Or casters off of 3-4 different office chairs or a bucket of used nails that could be straightened (actually used some of those 2 weeks ago), or pieces of a flag pole, or parts from old faucets and toilets. You get the point

Shockvalue would tell you I hoard timers off of feeders

Comment

Koozies
        Ammo
        Micro Fiber Towels

Comment

Tools.

Comment

I more of a purger. I like to have what I need, but I don't more than I can use in a reasonable time. I hate clutter

Comment

hats and pens... I'm in the oil & gas business and every company I meet, every event that I go to, they allows give me hats and pens.

Comment

Closest thing to hoarding I have is arrows. I have about 4 1 dozen matching sets of arrows and another 2-3 dozen of mismatched arrows from leftovers over the years. I gave about 100 wooden arrows and shafts away last year.

I would have said motorcycle parts before January. I hated to throw parts away in case I work on a bike and need them. But when we moved I purged that collection of parts. Now I only have the parts for my 2 current project bikes.

I try to have a rule if I don't use something in a year I sell it or give it away. Some things are exempt like arrows and spare parts.

Comment

Calories

Comment

Nothing. I like getting rid of stuff.

Comment

When my dad passed I paid the dumpster bil by the ton. We threw away 17 tons of pure worthless junk.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.8mmSPC View Post
                        When my dad passed I paid the dumpster bil by the ton. We threw away 17 tons of pure worthless junk.

That's incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lumber, you never know when you might need to build something.

Fishing rods and reels

Comment

Antler sheds, my wife says I have a problem. Piles of them

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                              I read the title aloud to my wife. She asked me to not start a list, she didn't want TBH to crash

I really do have a small problem. I can't seem to throw anything that has any value away. I may need it someday. It doesn't matter that I haven't needed it in 10 years...one of these days I MAY need it
                              Originally posted by Doug's_Optics View Post
                              Ammo, Water and most importantly... Flushable wipes!

Now my dad on the other hand hords fasteners... Mainly screws and nails...100's of pounds of them... he always says, " you never know, I may need them"
                              I know for a fact he even has ones from his grand father...
                              Y'all ought to see all the "STUFF" in my garage that I might need one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                                Lumber, you never know when you might need to build something.

Fishing rods and reels
                                What kind of lumber? I have some scrap in my garage I need to get rid of. It appears we may be neighbors.

Comment

Working...
                                X