Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We hadn't even been in the blind that long when the most beautiful and wanted animal of the entire trip made his appearance. Prior to coming to Africa, one animal above all else represented Africa to me.
    Attached Files

Comment

As this lone stallion gazed at the water and surroundings, I couldn't believe what I was witnessing. Just the previous evening, I was conversing around the campfire with one of the hunters in camp. This trip represented his third to Africa and he had yet to have the opportunity for a zebra in bow range.
      Attached Files

Comment

And now, here I found myself less than 20 yards from the animal I wanted the most. However, we weren't quite there yet. While he might have been 20 yards, he was quartering to and still surveying the surroundings with great vigilance.
        Attached Files

Comment

And then, as if he read the script I would have written....he walked directly to the water and began drinking.
          Attached Files

Comment

While slightly quartering, I immediately drew back knowing that at any second he could race out of sight forever....

Comment

And just like that, he further followed the script to a tee.....hearing something behind him, he turned his head to investigate and was now completely broadside and completely unaware of my presence.
              Attached Files

Comment

I focused directly on the triangle striations present on all zebras right at the shoulder and loosed the arrow....
                Attached Files

Comment

Awsome this is great. All have been excellent shots

Comment

As the arrow struck, the unmistakable outpouring of bright red blood could be seen as he raced away. After making it to the thicker brush, he slowed to a walk. After a few slow and wobbly steps, he surged up on his hind legs and then hit the dirt....I knew it was over!
                    Attached Files

Comment

I heard the WHOLE story at my office today. The rest is really not that exciting

Comment

After the shot, I could barely contain my emotion....
                        Attached Files

Comment

We climbed out of the blind and inspected the arrow, despite seeing it falter before our eyes.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Awesome! More!

Comment

Awesome brother! This is true greatness.

Comment

As we walked to the direction where we saw it last, I couldn't wait to take a closer look at this remarkable animal.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X