Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA/ warning about AA sized batteries that are 3.6v, not 1.5

There are batteries that LOOK like AA but are actually 3.6 volts

I work in the medical field and recently thought I had hit the jackpot when one of the reps opened a bag and had what looked like AA batteries.
    I made a comment that I needed some and he said to help myself as they were excess.

I grabbed about 20 and the next time one of my cams was about dead I stuck 8 in it and never thought twice.
    About 2 weeks later I put a couple in my GPS and it acted real crazy, screen was dim and I figured he had played a joke and gave me a bunch of dead lithium so that he need to recycle
    Dad happened to look at one closer and it said AAx on it and that led to reading closer and seeing the 3.6v marking

Pretty sure my camera is toast, it took a handful of random pics and quit. I put some AA batteries in it and it powered up, but only took a handful of pics and drained those too
    Luckily it was a cheaper Moultrie and not the Browning Strike Force

Well that sucks! Thanks for the info!

Comment

Had a guy here at work take a 9volt Eveready battery and touch it to his tongue to see if it was still good. Only it wasn't a 9 volt. It was actually 67.5 volts. It was about an eighth of an inch longer than a 9 volt but otherwise looked the same. It came out of an oscilliscope. Wish I had a video of that one.

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
        Had a guy here at work take a 9volt Eveready battery and touch it to his tongue to see if it was still good. Only it wasn't a 9 volt. It was actually 67.5 volts. It was about an eighth of an inch longer than a 9 volt but otherwise looked the same. It came out of an oscilliscope. Wish I had a video of that one.

Bet that left him with a lisp

Comment

Working...
        X