Puke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puke

Just saw the Kaepernick commercial for the first time. Puked a little in my mouth. That is all.....

Hope I never see it and I hope Nike goes broke. That’s a pretty arrogant move on Nike’s part and I hope it bankrupts them.

Comment

Puke

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post
      Hope I never see it and I hope Nike goes broke. That’s a pretty arrogant move on Nike’s part and I hope it bankrupts them.
      Yep and yep.

Comment

Crazy thing is, it had nothing to do with Kapernick and would have been an inspiring commercial without his being in it. He's none of those things described in that commercial. He's never been the best at anything. There are literally dozens of people that could have made that commercial more meaningful. Kap made it political just with his creepy presence. He was miscast for that part. NIKE **** the bed on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          Crazy thing is, it had nothing to do with Kapernick and would have been an inspiring commercial without his being in it. He's none of those things described in that commercial. He's never been the best at anything. There are literally dozens of people that could have made that commercial more meaningful. Kap made it political just with his creepy presence. He was miscast for that part. NIKE **** the bed on this one.
          All these encouraging disabled athletes and then his afghanny looking ***. Made no sense at all.

Comment

Agree completely but there is another demographic that believes he fits the part perfectly. Those are the customers Nike is playing to.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                All these encouraging disabled athletes and then his afghanny looking ***. Made no sense at all.
                Would this be considered racist? Asking for an afghanny friend.

Comment

I’ve been reading a lot about peoples opinion on Kap lately and I’ve come to the following conclusions:

1. I agree this country still has race issues and yes there have been some well publicized shootings of African Americans by police. I’m not going to argue culpability from any side because most people feel strong about one side or the other.

2. Our society is very polarized: politically, socially, economically, etc.

So here’s my beef with Kap - he is a problem identifier when he could have easily been a problem solver. Being an high profile athlete he could have made phone calls to various elected/appointed officials, law enforcement experts, activists, etc. He could have gotten them all in the same room. He could have used his clout to influence these parties to “leave their egos at the door”, listen to each other and try and enact some positive change.

He had the opportunity to be a problem solver yet he chose not to do so.

I’m a firm believer in griping about problems without offering or working to solutions only adds fuel to the fire.
                  Last edited by StrayDog; 09-06-2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
                    I’ve been reading a lot about peoples opinion on Kap lately and I’ve come to the following conclusions:

1. I agree this country still has race issues and yes there have been some well publicized shootings of African Americans by police. I’m not going to argue culpability from any side because most people feel strong about one side or the other.

2. Our society is very polarized: politically, socially, economically, etc.

So here’s my beef with Kap - he is a problem identifier when he could have easily been a problem solver. Being an high profile athlete he could have made phone calls to various elected/appointed officials, law enforcement experts, activists, etc. He could have gotten them all in the same room. He could have used his clout to influence these parties to “leave their egos at the door”, listen to each other and try and enact some positive change.

He had the opportunity to be a problem solver yet he chose not to do so.

I’m a firm believer in griping about problems without offering or working to solutions only adds fuel to the fire.

But what was the problem to begin with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                      But what was the problem to begin with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      You’d have to ask him that to get a complete answer - but it’s generally described as unfair treatment of minority’s in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                        Would this be considered racist? Asking for an afghanny friend.
                        Nope. Just descriptive. Ha.

Comment

The sad thing is I’m seeing more & more people sit during national anthem played at HS football games. Even witnessed it tonight. It will only get worse with all this Nike blowup as more & more show their support to him.
                          For me, I have the utmost respect for the many who truly sacrificed for this great country & I will stand in honor of them

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
                            You’d have to ask him that to get a complete answer - but it’s generally described as unfair treatment of minority’s in this country.
                            Which is trumped up, no pun intended. Do some research. The “targeting” of blacks by police is a fallacy. The fact is, the good guys go where the bad guys are. When 13% of the population is responsible for the vast majority (around 75%) of all violent crimes, then the police spend more time in those areas, logically. The narrative is just factually inaccurate.

Comment

Pandering is so week and pathetic... I hope they fold.

Comment

Working...
                              X