No announcement yet.

Eco Boost or 5.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vote 3.5 Eco. Pulled a a 7k TT all over the country and a 9k John Deere all over east Texas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a 2014 4x4 Eco boost. Pulled well and got decent mileage. At 50k it started loosing a little coolant. Turns out the coolant lines going to the turbos were leaking. I had the 100k warranty, but it did not include hoses. I got an initial quote at well over 2k to fix the issue. Needless to say I went back to a diesel, which fits my current needs better. If I had to do it over again my choice would be the 5.0

Comment

Wow, cant believe so many more EcoBoost fans. Very surprised.

I would go 5.0 myself, if I had to own a ford. But I'm a chevy guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
          Wow, cant believe so many more EcoBoost fans. Very surprised.

I would go 5.0 myself, if I had to own a ford. But I'm a chevy guy.
          If you drove the eco you would understand. Power comes on quick down low. The turbos are tiny and spool quick sacrificing top end hp for low end torque.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just bought a 2018 crewcab 4x4 5.0. The 10 speed transmission has upped the mpg from years past averaging 19.5 mpg mixed city/ highway driving. I got the 5.0 because I like the rumble of the aftermarket exhaust. Plus I’ve heard the turbos are about 1k each plus about the same for labor should they need to be replaced. I keep trucks well into the 100k mileage so I figured that’s just one less thing to replace in the long run

Comment

Tag for later. Thinking of buying a new ford later this year.

Comment

Love my eco boost for performance and towing, but I just discovered I have the same turbo coolant leak a lot of other people have had. Look into this before buying the 3.5.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                  Love my eco boost for performance and towing, but I just discovered I have the same turbo coolant leak a lot of other people have had. Look into this before buying the 3.5.
                  How many miles are on your truck now that this happened?

I actually went with the 2.7l. Wondering if those have had any of the same problems. So far I like the heck out of that little motor.

Comment

Eco Boost or 5.0?

Deleted double post
                    Last edited by txpitdog; 07-22-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                      How many miles are on your truck now that this happened?

I actually went with the 2.7l. Wondering if those have had any of the same problems. So far I like the heck out of that little motor.

Noticed it for the first time about this time last year so about 55k miles. Have 79k on it now. Crawled underneath it and the skid plate was wet and stained. Checked driver’s side and the connection to the turbo is wet and dripping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 2016 F150 6 banger with ECO can tow nearly 12000#, torque 4600#, 36 gal fuel tank, shifter on floor.

Weather 5.0 or ECO, My recommendation is look for the 36 gal tank. Its worth every penny on long hauls.

Comment

2016 5.0 with 52,***. I've been extremely happy with this truck. I think both are great motors.

Comment

Originally posted by locknload View Post
                            My 2016 F150 6 banger with ECO can tow nearly 12000#, torque 4600#, 36 gal fuel tank, shifter on floor.

Weather 5.0 or ECO, My recommendation is look for the 36 gal tank. Its worth every penny on long hauls.

Got the 3.5 Eco version of this. The shifter is great when towing in hills and for keeping the rpm in the powerband in tight traffic

Comment

Originally posted by locknload View Post

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                              Got the 3.5 Eco version of this. The shifter is great when towing in hills and for keeping the rpm in the powerband in tight traffic
                              When you say shifter on the floor, what exactly are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                                When you say shifter on the floor, what exactly are you talking about?
                                Shifter handle in the middle. You can press a button and change gears in town mode, driving mode or change it to manual. That is how mine is. Love it!

Comment

Working...
                                X