No announcement yet.

Tundra or Chevy PU and why??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used truck market is insane but my choice is Tundra hands down. Leather will be hard to find in a SR5 but can be added for around $900 with Katzkin. Heated or AC seats will most likely be a Platinum. 2016up has the 38gal tank which makes a huge difference averaging 14mpg.

If creature comforts are a bigger issue, Chevy may be your better option. Both trucks have plenty of power pulling and will be 300k mile motors if serviced correctly. One of my petty complaints about Toyota or Nissan for that matter is not charging a phone when turned off. I'll over look the little things though for fewer stops at the service department. Not a big fan of the Ecoboost either after driving one and have a old school V8 mentality with displacement. Plus, less to go wrong later down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      Tundra and if buying used make sure you get one with the big fuel tank.

Used tundra a stupid expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Guess I may be stupid then ( I know what you mean on the Tundra's)...lol!! It's all about the trade difference and what one likes. I'll never buy new anymore...the hit you take on ANY brand driving brand new off the lot is not good but dealers make great $$ on used as I have been told...but, life as it is. My current King Ranch has EVERY option you could want...leveling kit, 20" tires, cargo bed cover and on and on and on including a "color matched" cattle guard on front...the sun roof is nice as well. I've always loved the King Ranch interior and mine also has a 35 gallon tank. The POWER of the Eco engine will absolutely kick some behinds even when towing a 16' loaded down trailer. It's the dang eco engine longevity I'm concerned about?

Appreciate the opinions so keep 'em coming.......

Comment

I bought mine new. I looked at used trucks but wouldn’t buy one with more than 35k on it and they all wanted new prices for a 2 year old truck so I bought a new one. Got roughly 9k off sticker. They hold their value well, but the used truck market is ridiculous IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tundra

Comment

I have both. I have a 03 Tacoma with 280,*** miles. I have a 17 Silverado with 25K or so. When I have to get another truck I'm going to go with a tundra. In just my experience Toyota have been super reliable even with almost 300K miles. I'm a Chevy man and have had good luck with them, but I think I'm going tundra next round.

Comment

Tundra ...... unless your planning a "coming out of the closet " event... then the chevy would be a nice way to ease into it

Comment

Chevy with a 6.0 cant be beat

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                  Just not confident my truck will be reliable in future days. I know, every brand has it's issues, but the Eco Boost is not my favorite right now. I have not ruled Ford out yet?, but won't go the eco boost engine again.

My only gripe, as mentioned, is the Tundra got less mpg than any truck I have ever owned. Just trying to get a different perspective of opinions...thanks..Kuma
                  That is the reason I went with the 5.0 in 2014 on a Super Crew 4x4 in 2014. Eco had been out for 3 years and so had the 6.0 Diesel when I bought a 2006 F350 C/C PSD and spent $12,000 keeping it running. Mine has been a workhorse with no problems except for mice!

Comment

Search, we have had this exact discussion a few times.

With that said, I will brag on my Chevy every time. 2015 CC 4x4 with the 6.2/8 speed it will smoke a tundra in every catagory and I love flying by em' [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Tundra gets terrible ratings compared to the Chevy and Ford. I personally drive and love the Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                        What would be your choice?

Needs to have: (used models only)

*4x4 automatic w/front bucket seats..no bench
                        *Less than 75K miles
                        *MUST be able to tow 16' tandem axel trailer with UTV
                        *Cloth or Leather...(leather mandatory heated/cooled front seats)
                        *Power seats, windows
                        *Crew Cab ONLY & 8 cylinder only!!

I have had both in the past and thinking about trading my King Ranch F150 in. This needs to be my final truck trade so I want reliability, reasonable and performance on the HWY.

Thoughts...and no, won't buy new...looking at year models from 2014 up.

Kuma

Comment

Tundra gets my vote. I had a '15 and now driving a '17. Dealer wanted trades too bad after Harvey and I was able to get into the new one for less than I paid for the '15 because of the way Tundras hold their value. Not able to say that about Ford or Chevy, and I was raised a Ford boy (still have the '99 7.3 F250 I bought in 2000).
                          I will say the larger gas tank they added in '16 is a very nice addition.

Comment

pm's responded to ....thanks, so far all!!!

Comment

Tundra, I’ve been through 2 chevys (5.3) my 2 buddies still on their original tundras with no problems. They out pulled me out ran me only thing that was close was gas mileage. I would give a 6.0 a shot if I found one.

Comment

Tundra or Chevy PU and why??

I’d buy a 2015 Chevy with the 6.2L & 8 speed auto and get the 6.5’ bed. It’s what a Tundra wants to be when it grows up. [emoji23]

If this is going to be your last truck resale shouldn’t be a concern. IF the Tundra holds value better than the Chevy then you should be able to save money buying the Chevy too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Last edited by Mike D; 02-10-2018, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X