• Show
Clear All

Tundra or Chevy PU and why??

What would be your choice?

Needs to have: (used models only)

*4x4 automatic w/front bucket seats..no bench
    *Less than 75K miles
    *MUST be able to tow 16' tandem axel trailer with UTV
    *Cloth or Leather...(leather mandatory heated/cooled front seats)
    *Power seats, windows
    *Crew Cab ONLY & 8 cylinder only!!

I have had both in the past and thinking about trading my King Ranch F150 in. This needs to be my final truck trade so I want reliability, reasonable and performance on the HWY.

Thoughts...and no, won't buy new...looking at year models from 2014 up.

Kuma

I like the tundra. Wish they would have a diesel option though.

Comment

Yeah....leaning that way again. I had a Tundra several years ago...only complaint was mpg was terrible but oh it would pull anything I had!

Comment

Tundra

Comment

Reliable? Go ahead and scratch any GM product off your list. Between those two.....Toyota 100/1

Comment

Like my 18 Chevy so far. Gets pretty good gas mileage.

Comment

Why would you want to change?

Personally it would be Chevy for me all day long over a Tundra, but I am a Ford guy.

Comment

Tundra!

Comment

Tundra all day.

Comment

For reliability I'd have to say tundra. Grew up on GM products. Bought my first tundra in 03 and haven't looked back. Now on my third one and the only repairs I've had to do to any of them (other than when i smacked a big ole mule deer on the highway) was brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      Why would you want to change?

Personally it would be Chevy for me all day long over a Tundra, but I am a Ford guy.
                      Just not confident my truck will be reliable in future days. I know, every brand has it's issues, but the Eco Boost is not my favorite right now. I have not ruled Ford out yet?, but won't go the eco boost engine again.

My only gripe, as mentioned, is the Tundra got less mpg than any truck I have ever owned. Just trying to get a different perspective of opinions...thanks..Kuma

Comment

Tundra!

Comment

I’m a GM guy, especially seein and drivin my dads old truck. It was an ‘03 w/ the small V8 but it would still scream. My dad never changed the oil after I stopped doin it for him when I moved off it went through hell and back when I drove it and same with my brother after my dad passed. Only thing that I replaced on it was a front hub assembly and a transmission, it needed another when my brother sold it, he sold it with 285,*** on the odometer and the guy that bought it drives it from Manvel to Freeport everyday (30-45 minutes)

That was different generation of GM though... if I were to be in the market for a newer one I’d look at 2015 or newer and of course the less miles the better but I’d also look real hard at the 6.2l and get an AFM delete so it doesn’t drop to 4 cylinders.

Comment

Tundra and if buying used make sure you get one with the big fuel tank.

Used tundra a stupid expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tundra. I had a 2010 Chevy that was ever bit as reliable as this 2015 Tundra, but I like the Tundra better. And it will pull a 16' loaded with a ranger, hunting gear and 4 grown ups just fine. Plenty power.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X