No announcement yet.

Kerr county and surrounding county hunt thread 17/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hunt in Boerne, and the number of deer (axis and WT) coming to my feeder has decreased drastically recently. I am assuming that its attributable mostly to the abundance of acorns that have fallen on our place, but I am wondering if you guys are seeing a decrease in numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by bgbean90 View Post
      I hunt in Boerne, and the number of deer (axis and WT) coming to my feeder has decreased drastically recently. I am assuming that its attributable mostly to the abundance of acorns that have fallen on our place, but I am wondering if you guys are seeing a decrease in numbers?
      We do have a lot of acorns , but oak wilt has a lot of deer still coming to the feed
      Mainly cotton seed, some time the boerne guy's on here need to go get a hamburger at flag stop

Comment

Hunt Axis in my backyard and whitetail in Menard.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
          We do have a lot of acorns , but oak wilt has a lot of deer still coming to the feed

Mainly cotton seed, some time the boerne guy's on here need to go get a hamburger at flag stop

Just let me know! I live 2 minutes from flagstop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
            Sounds like a good idea!

Comment

Originally posted by bgbean90 View Post
              Just let me know! I live 2 minutes from flagstop

Let's set a day

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                We are just barely in Kerr county outside of Harper. Been hunting the area now for about 12 years. On opening morning of archery season we normally meet up with dejashoot to eat lunch at the Longhorn in Harper.

-john
                I would like to have lunch with yall sometime when your in town. I can not do it on opening weekend, I will be at my place in Roosevelt.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by STICKIT View Post
                  I would like to have lunch with yall sometime when your in town. I can not do it on opening weekend, I will be at my place in Roosevelt.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
                  Not a problem. I am sure we can find a time when we will all be down there.

-john

Comment

Forgot to post these from opening weekend

Comment

Here now in my box blind in Harper. 3 wt doe, 9 axis doe with 2 small axis bucks so far. A decent 8 has been spotted by my neighbor. Still a lot of acorns. But they are hitting the corn.
                      Hogs tonight in mountain home.

Comment

If anyone has a lease opening please let me know I'm in need of a new lease bad. Would like to have axis and wt willing to pay up to 4k please pm me looking for one spot

Comment

Originally posted by slicktree View Post
                          If anyone has a lease opening please let me know I'm in need of a new lease bad. Would like to have axis and wt willing to pay up to 4k please pm me looking for one spot

I’ll keep my eyes open, I occasionally run day hunts at my ranch or weekend hunts.

Comment

Here’s a blackbuck I took a couple
                            Weeks ago

Comment

No hogs last night. Filled feeders today with orange corn from LL Feed. Adjusted timers. Back tomorrow. Axis and whitetail tomorrow morning in Kerrville.

Anyone around this week wanting to do lunch?

Comment

I wish I was at my ranch. Good luck on the axis and whitetail

Comment

Working...
                                X