Ford F250 owners, 2013+ questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
    How often do you you need to refill the DEF and how much does it hold?
    I read some good reviews of Supertech at Walmart for $7.99.
    Anyone else use it?

Every couple thousand miles. Holds about 3gal I think. I fill DEF at the truck stop so I don't have to mess with jugs etc

Comment

Anyone else use it?
      DEF is a non-issue and filling depends on driving style. More city, stop and go driving requires more DEF due to increased particulates not burning off the filter. When. You get the message "500 miles remaining DEF", you can put at least 4.5 gallons in. In the 28K miles of my truck, I've only added DEF maybe 5 times and have always used the jugs that Bucees sells.

Comment

I do it at the truck stops too, it's on the pump island with the diesel.

Comment

Ford F250 owners, 2013+ questions

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
          DEF is a non-issue and filling depends on driving style. More city, stop and go driving requires more DEF due to increased particulates not burning off the filter. When. You get the message "500 miles remaining DEF", you can put at least 4.5 gallons in. In the 28K miles of my truck, I've only added DEF maybe 5 times and have always used the jugs that Bucees sells.

4.5 gallons?? In a Ford at the 500 miles warning??

Just did the search, 5.2 gallons is total capacity. I have never been able to put more than 3 but I fill soon as the 500 mile warning comes on
          Last edited by bboswell; 12-03-2016, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Anyone else use it?
            My first tank of def lasted 1900 miles. Ford said that's not right and I should have gotten between 5-7k. It's supposed to go back to shop as some point.

Comment

I fill my def with the 2 1/2 gallon jugs from bucees any time it shows less than half and have no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                4.5 gallons?? In a Ford at the 500 miles warning??

Just did the search, 5.2 gallons is total capacity. I have never been able to put more than 3 but I fill soon as the 500 mile warning comes on
                Yeah, I didn't know the exact capacity either. Had the 500 mile message come on mine on my way back from Mississippi last week, added 2.5 gallons from a truck stop and the message didn't go away, then added another 2 gallons from Bucees and it finally reset. I guess the tank has to get close to full before the message resets?

Comment

My def warning comes on at 5-6000 miles. It's a 2015 f250

Comment

I've heard bad things about using DEF from the pump... in regards to purity..

Comment

Originally posted by slabnabbin View Post
                      I fill my def with the 2 1/2 gallon jugs from bucees any time it shows less than half and have no problems
                      How much is the DEF at Bucees?
                      Their brand?

Comment

For the record... here is my log on DEF usage in my 2015 F350 dually

I refill mine at my first opportunity after seeing the less than 1/2 full warning... I did the same thing with my 2012 with close to the same results...

And for those interested... real world mileage log... you can clearly see when I'm towing or staying in town
                        Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 02-21-2017, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Super s brand and its about $6 for 2 1/2 gallons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Picked it up yesterday.
                            Thanks for all the info!
                            Attached Files

Comment

A couple of more questions....

My Ram 5.9 took almost 100k miles to break in and got a good increase in mileage.
                              What is considered a good break in mileage, for all the benefits?

Anyone running side rails on theirs? My "short" wife has a hard time getting in and my last rails saved my truck from door dings. Any good brands/style out there?

Now that I got this, I will be doing my own oil changes. Where do you take the used oil?

Comment

I got a 15 and love it. Check Craigslist for factory take off nerf bars. They are everywhere and cheap. I just deleted and tuned mine. It's a different animal!

Comment

Working...
                                X