Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford F250 owners, 2013+ questions

Looking for a low mileage 6.7.
    Looked at revisions on years and it looks like in 2013 they went with bigger brakes.
    Then in 2015 they went with a larger turbo, increasing from 400hp to 440hp and supposedly a little better mpg.

Can anyone tell me if you can really tell a difference in the 2015 upgrade or save a little cash and get a 2013?
    I can afford a 2013 Lariat or a 2015+ XLT model. Doesn't really matter much to me though, as I am not a big fan of leather seats as long as it has adjustable lumbar support.

Also are there any other year revisions that I am not aware of?

Thanks!

The 2015 and up also have the better exhaust brake.
    Injectors are bigger as well.

Comment

Yes there is a noticeable difference in the 2015 Turbo and since I actually pull 12.5K the exhaust brake that was introduced in '15...

Comment

I had a 12' and loved it now i have a 16' and its great my 16' runs just a little warmer pulling my 5th wheel than id like but other than that no complaints. I'm on my 4th ford diesel and haven't regretted any of them ever. The added exhaust brake on the 16' is nice especially when pulling a big load.

Comment

I've always heard the exhaust brake kicks a. It's on my Ram I just haven't used it yet.

When it comes to MPGs, everyone I talked to that owns super duty trucks says the same thing. You're going to get around 16 unloaded and around 10 with a load. Obviously that's generic numbers, might do a little better, or a little worse.

They're some nice trucks for sure. If I was you I'd get the 15 or 16. Warranty, and you know what's been done to it. That's worth a lot in my opinion.

Comment

In for this one. I'm currently looking at a 14 F-250 and will take all the information I can get!

Comment

My two cents, both engines have so much power, you will barely notice a difference. These new motors now adays put out as much power as some semi trucks. Brakes wise, I have a '12, pulling more than 15k with no engine brake, and have never had the pedal get squishy. Never had the truck get hot either, and I pulled that weight from Amarillo to Wisconsin routinely.

Personally, I would go for the '16 because you can probably find an awesome deal with dealers trying to get rid of the old body style.

As far as MPG, its a 3/4 ton. It gets what it gets. I can't imagine its a deal breaker, just fuel tank size could be an issue.

Comment

I had an 04 Ram 5.9 for many years. So this won't be my first diesel.

So did the engine brake come out in 15 or16.
                Looking for a used one with about a $40k budget.

Comment

Just got new 16 xlt last night, traded in '13 xl. Taking trip to ranch in Mountain home right now. Averaging about 2.5 mpg better. 17.7mpg now

Comment

Just saw post about budget this new 16 xlt was 42.5k

Comment

I have a 13 lariat 4x4 I am about to sell, grey with 53,000 miles on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
                        So did the engine brake come out in 15 or16.

The older 6.7s had an exhaust brake as well, but it doesn't work as well as the 2015 and up do.
                        There isn't any difference between the 15 & 16 models.

Comment

Originally posted by carp View Post
                          Just saw post about budget this new 16 xlt was 42.5k
                          That's a pretty good price. Cc 4x4?

Did they get you for your trade in?

Comment

Yep CC 4x4. Normal xlt options. Trade they did me right. It was XL so it will go auction. They wont make any money on it.

Comment

Right now the are making good deals on the 16's due to the new body style of the 17's. Especially if you want an XLT version.

For the money they are a far better deal than what the market is for used trucks.

The difference between a 12 and 16 is significant.

Be open minded about a new 16

Comment

Working...
                              X