Another House Build Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
    Also, solid doors on the inside is better for sound, especially rest rooms and master bedroom.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Our bid is for stained real wood doors, I would think they are solid but I will have to check into it.
    Last edited by Justin Spies; 05-14-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

just my 2 cents but I have heard that real wood doors have possibility of warping and you can get the ones that look real and still stain or paint

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Few somewhat inexpensive items during a build -

- Plenty of outlets; think about floor outlets in den, wall outlets for flat screen TV, outdoor outlets around soffit for Xmas lights, etc.

- Thinking of reverse osmosis at kitchen sink? Plumb to refrigerator for icemaker and water dispenser

- Back patio? Plumb hot water, gas, etc., makes future outdoor kitchen build that much easier.

- Have security system pre-wired

These are all things that can be done relatively easily during a build.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
            Few somewhat inexpensive items during a build -

- Plenty of outlets; think about floor outlets in den, wall outlets for flat screen TV, outdoor outlets around soffit for Xmas lights, etc.

- Thinking of reverse osmosis at kitchen sink? Plumb to refrigerator for icemaker and water dispenser

- Back patio? Plumb hot water, gas, etc., makes future outdoor kitchen build that much easier.

- Have security system pre-wired

These are all things that can be done relatively easily during a build.
            We have a back porch, I already planned for the gas but didnt think about the hot water back there just the carport. Thanks

Haven't looked into reverse osmosis what are costs and benefits?

Comment

About the spray foam... there is a company out there that will let you rent the machine and spray the house yourself. I'm thinking of going this route. It'll be a lot of work but so is subbing out your own build.

Comment

Last mowing before the build begins!
                Attached Files

Comment

They got started on pad yesterday.
                  Attached Files

Comment

ok so you will be 9 days ahead of me! Cannot wait for you to figure something out and let me know before they do the same to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
                      ok so you will be 9 days ahead of me! Cannot wait for you to figure something out and let me know before they do the same to mine.
                      You wanting me to be the guinea pig?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                        You wanting me to be the guinea pig?!?
                        Well you started before me so............

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
                          Well you started before me so............
                          Haha alright ill do my best...

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                            They got started on pad yesterday.

Dang man! Y'all are flying ... I'm still waiting on my pre-clearing application to get approved and my meeting with my inspector to get scheduled.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                              Dang man! Y'all are flying ... I'm still waiting on my pre-clearing application to get approved and my meeting with my inspector to get scheduled.
                              Building in city limits?

Comment

switched plugs in the eaves for Christmas lights. I also like the idea of an actual conduit in the wall where your TV will be to make it easier to pull wire from DVD/Sat etc to the TV if you mount it on the wall

Comment

Working...
                                X