No announcement yet.

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it possible to fish reds around port lavaca area from the banks or jettys??

Comment

Well I’m headed for the coast. Will be fishing with a guide out of palacios tomorrow... I have a feeling it is going to be a brutal grind, but we shall see. I’ll try and update with pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
        Well I’m headed for the coast. Will be fishing with a guide out of palacios tomorrow... I have a feeling it is going to be a brutal grind, but we shall see. I’ll try and update with pics.

Can't believe he's actually taking you. Might be decent until around 10 then it should over.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          Can't believe he's actually taking you. Might be decent until around 10 then it should over.

Kind of my thoughts as well. I’m just holding the legs on this chicken.. it’s an invite kinda deal. If it was me I would have rescheduled.

Comment

[QUOTE=justin81;13298632]is it possible to fish reds around port lavaca area from the banks or jettys??[/QUOTE

Both sides of the highway on the east side of the causeway, around the powder horn bridge on 1298, or the little jetties in POC. All 3 can be fished without getting your feet wet.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
              What a catchy team name. I like it.
              Mud buddy , that my team name and man i get lots of “ u that no mames wey guy right”. Lol

Comment

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Originally posted by Rack Ranch
                I guess those knee pads come in handy when trying to get your wife to cut a check for that boat... [emoji6]

Jealous, very nice rig!!

Nah. She’s just ready for it to be done so she can stop hearing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                  (RC24). Been waiting on a motor for a while

Quite possibly the perfect boat for the Tx coast.

After you run it for a year and order a new one, let me know and maybe I’ll take it off your hands. What kind of power is she getting?

Comment

I was going to fish tomorrow but the Blue Northern shoveling down onto the coast, will have me backed off till Sunday. And even Sunday, I may opt to not engage. Not prime for coastal fishing. The pains of SpringTime coastal fishing in Texas.

Comment

Ok, I've got some new reels now I need some new rods. are custom rods worth it? or should I just get off the shelf? I have been using my old Allstars and G Loomis for the past 13 years, time to upgrade. I look at the Shimano ML someone mentioned earlier and it felt good. what else do you recommend and if custom, who do you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post

Good luck, can't catch them on the couch!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt;
                          Quite possibly the perfect boat for the Tx coast.

After you run it for a year and order a new one, let me know and maybe I’ll take it off your hands. What kind of power is she getting?

Thank but I might keep it longer than a year. Merc 350.

Comment

Fished the pier in Seadrift just before this cold front hit this morning. Lots of small reds and specs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                              (RC24). Been waiting on a motor for a while

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                                Ok, I've got some new reels now I need some new rods. are custom rods worth it? or should I just get off the shelf? I have been using my old Allstars and G Loomis for the past 13 years, time to upgrade. I look at the Shimano ML someone mentioned earlier and it felt good. what else do you recommend and if custom, who do you recommend?

There are some great off the shelf rods that are basically custom, unless you want specific color wraps. Check out the higher end Waterloo and Laguna rods.

Comment

Working...
                                X