No announcement yet.

Got sick from cleaning a deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it wasn't the deer, probably a virus yall both caught.

I've sliced myself to the bone in the gut cavity of hogs, deer, like somebody else said eaten sandwiches with my hands while skinning and quartering, the whole shebang.

Comment

sleep in same sleeping bag???

Comment

Long John Silvers

Comment

Never had it happen to me but a really good friend of mine recently got Lyme Disease. So if you or him got bit by a tick you might want to go to the doctor.
          He is pretty sure he got it in at their ranch in San Saba.
          Always be sure to use bug spray in the woods. He was in pretty bad shape for a few months

Comment

If you share a common area, disinfect every time you arrive and do it multiple times a day lots of people cut up or thaw chicken and just wipe the bloody juice all over the place
            Or bring rats without tails (kids) to camp “ kids are walking sick time bombs”
            Also always change your pillow case and bedding as someone might have let a kid with a virus nap in your bed
            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-09-2019, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
              Never.
              Did y'all gut her?
              Was she gut shot or did y'all accidentally cut the stomach?

I have heard stories of people getting sick after messing with a guy shot deer.
              That does it! I'm gonna have my girl shoot my next deer.

Comment

Get tested for the flu.

Comment

Probably picked it up from kissing each other after all of that late night drinking by the fire, not from cleaning a deer...

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                    That does it! I'm gonna have my girl shoot my next deer.

Comment

Take a cue from hospitals and create household barriers to stop infectious diseases and germs from school from getting in to your house.

Comment

My FIL is allergic to deer hair. Its just like if you were allergic to a cat or dog. If you go in the house with deer hair on you he'll know it pretty quick and ask you to change clothes. That being said, its allergies not the Hershey Squirts for a week!

Comment

LOL. No and I clean alot of deer and pigs a year.

Comment

Well you were around each other, not sure why you'd think it has something to do with the deer

Comment

have a good friend who has brucellosis right now, got it from cleaning hogs... it's kinda rare though.

Comment

Hogs maybe, but never heard of getting sick from cleaning a deer

Comment

Working...
                                X