No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's cardio was 5 hrs painting this 17' tall beat, using one arm ....and the ability to only get to 10' before climbing. Lost count of water and lost 2 pounds. Pants were so wet that they inflated when I would squat down.

I use to think most painters were alcoholic because they needed to maintain their buzz. But now I know they are alcoholics because they have to paint. I'd rather hit my thumb with a hammer.... finished just in time for it to rain.

Comment

Pic didn't load
      Attached Files

Comment

1 hr worth of cardio on treadmill and row machine, 12 minutes of stretching my legs. I took a lot of the cardio I was doing out of my workouts a couple of months ago in hopes of adding muscle. Didnt work....I did add some fat though, lol. I think Im just meant to be a relatively thin guy and not much I can do about it at the age of 54. Im going back to what was giving me the best results even though it wasnt exactly what I was looking for. I dont want to be under 180 lbs, because I just feel skinny at that weight. I think 185 and 17-18% BF is what Im going to have to be satisfied with.

Comment

I've pretty much quit cardio....

my workouts are usually intense enough to keep my heart rate up there. I used to love running, but two knee surgeries in two years and I lost the enthusiasm for it. Stepped on the scale this morning first thing at the gym and it said 225.4 lbs. i still haven't had BF checked, but figure I'm running close to 16%. The mirror tells me otherwise. The GF says I have body image disorder. My goal is still 235 and 12% BF. Guess I'm gonna have to change my diet up. Again.

Today was back and legs. Bent over barbell rows/incline leg press, wide grip pullups/leg extension, low rows/calf raise, narrow grip pullups/ab roller. It was a busy day in the gym. Lots of people camped out on equipment.

Tomorrow is chest and hams.

Comment

Today... more cardio... and probably abs

Comment

A little cardio, a TON of chest, a good ab workout and then some stretching of the legs. Just short of 2 hrs. Even with a crappy night's sleep I was feeling it today. I hope to keep the momentum going. Ive hit the gym 4 of the past 5 days. I will be in town this weekend so Im trying to figure when my next day off will be. Either Thursday or Friday I suppose.

Comment

Rtp- how long were you unable to shoot a bow after surgery? My mobility is getting better by the day... and only been a week, but I know the strength won't be there for a while IF I can recoup without surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  Rtp- how long were you unable to shoot a bow after surgery? My mobility is getting better by the day... and only been a week, but I know the strength won't be there for a while IF I can recoup without surgery.
                  Interesting enough neither of my shoulders ever prevented me from shooting my bow. My left shoulder was a mess including a torn bicep tendon. I never practiced a lot because I shot so much as a young guy it is like riding a bike for me. I would basically shoot a few times before season to make sure everything was working correctly and then prior to hunting if it was an afternoon hunt. So that is why I probably was able to hunt with my bow even when my shoulders were messed up.

I wasnt bow only when I had my right one done but I can tell you I was 100% after 4 months and would have been completely confident shooting a bow at that point. It was a normal repair job and I was 41 at the time. When I had my left one fixed, I waited basically a year as it was in July and there was no way I was going to be able to shoot a bow that hunting season. I was severely messed up to the point my doc told me he McGuyver'd everything back together. It took 5 anchors to put it all back together.

As young as you are and I know you will do all of the rehab.....I would say 4 months should be achievable. You just wont be able to jump back in 100% of whatever the weight you are used to pulling. It is hard to ease back into things when you finally feel good but it is best. Pulling bows is really hard on those shoulders. BTW, torn rotators will never heal themselves. It can be managed through various means but it is only going to get worse over time, especially given the fact you lift regularly.
                  Last edited by rtp; 08-14-2017, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Chest today. My elbow and shoulder felt good all weekend and today. Went back up almost to my normal weight, and everything feels good, as of now. Glad you're feeling better Low Fence, but don't push it. Hard to read what rtp wrote (not because it was poorly written, just sounds painful).

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                      Chest today. My elbow and shoulder felt good all weekend and today. Went back up almost to my normal weight, and everything feels good, as of now. Glad you're feeling better Low Fence, but don't push it. Hard to read what rtp wrote (not because it was poorly written, just sounds painful).

It is. Im a pro at ortho surgeries....Ive had 8 total and there are more in my future given the state of my knees. I did manage to go about 20 years with a torn rotator cuff muscle in my right shoulder before I finally had it fixed. When you cant sleep regular for months it is time to finally do it. Back then, if I was really active physically, I literally could not lift my right arm at all. I would have to take my left hand and move my arm to where I wanted it. Try driving a stick shift with your left hand lol. After a few hours I would be able to move it again. The left one was really bad and included a torn bicep tendon. I got that one fixed pretty much right away. Shoulders are by far the worst surgeries I have had. Everything else has been a piece of cake compared to them. You guys that are over 30 and definitely 40, better stop lifting heavy overhead because it wont be if you have a torn shoulder but when.

Comment

Rest day today. Finished up P90X yesterday, other than the final recovery week which I'll start tomorrow. Whatever I do next, will be with the sole purpose of getting in shape for an elk hunt next fall. I'm still researching, but I know there will be miles and miles with a weighted pack involved...

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                          Rest day today. Finished up P90X yesterday, other than the final recovery week which I'll start tomorrow. Whatever I do next, will be with the sole purpose of getting in shape for an elk hunt next fall. I'm still researching, but I know there will be miles and miles with a weighted pack involved...
                          If you decide to do other Beachbody plans, I have Insanity, Insanity max 30, and Hammer and Chisel. You're welcome to borrow either one. Both of the Insanity plans are good endurance workouts. You won't really add mass though, they focus more on making you lean. I was disappointed with Hammer and Chisel.

Comment

Getting old ain't fun...

is it RTP? I'm like you with the ortho surgery thing. Both knees, left hand, right foot (twice) and on and on. trying to keep from havng the lower back worked on now, but I think its probably inevitable.

Chest and abs today. Decided to give the legs a break. Incline chest press/hanging leg raises, pec deck/ab roller, incline dumbbell press/ cable rotations, finished it off with pushups.

Legs and shoulders tomorrow.

Comment

Like they say.....it aint for sissies. Right knee twice(inevitable knee replacement), left knee, left wrist twice(plate and 12 screws there), right shoulder, left shoulder twice. Probably forgetting something....that happens with old age also, lol. Off to the gym!

Comment

Just fat burning cardio today. I did intervals of brisk walking and light jogging on the treadmill. I got in a little over 4 miles total. Afterwards I did 12 minutes of stretching of the legs. Probably going to do a HIIT routine tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X