New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
    Out of all the P90X workouts, that one is the worst! A friend of mine borrowed my videos about a year ago. He did the lean option (for a couple weeks), it is not one of the workouts for that program. I wanted him to have to do that one. Lol

Back today. This was the test for arms tomorrow. Everything seemed good. A little tight on one arm rows, but not painful.
    R
    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Arms today, felt pretty good with lighter weights. Subbed my beast ab workout with ab ripper X. Kicked my arse! I used to be able to complete all the exercises, but I guess I've been away from it too long. Hung with it, but didn't get all 25 reps on every move. Gonna feel that in the morning!

Comment

Little more chest and tri's than expected and 30 mins of cardio

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
          I'm not even gonna watch! A guy at my gym goes to see a PT ( I think) in San Antonio. Supposedly he is the PT for the Spurs. He said to do lateral raises with your thumbs up rather than parallel or slightly down to keep from hurting your rotator. I've never heard this before, but I'm willing to try.

That was how my pt taught me to do them after my shoulder surgery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Off day for me.

Comment

Man, I haven't been to the gym since October. Feeling pretty pathetic right about now. I have to get back into it. I'm thinking I'm just gonna start back with a 5x5 big lift program for the first couple months then go from there. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Life got in the way yesterday so didn't do legs, but got cardio in and did abs at home. This morning was scheduled shoulders... but that ain't happening. So I did legs this morning with 30 min cardio. Weight is staying stable but I'm not as tone (or I don't feel like it anyway).

Shoulder mobility is better day by day, but still nowhere close to ready to use. Just doing my "circles" and stretching excersises twice daily

Comment

Life, AKA responsibility, gets in the way of everything fun! Didn't get any chest work done today. Felt more like adding biceps to the mix. Soooo biceps, triceps, and back today. 5X8-10 reps, slowing down and concentrating ont eh eccentric part of the move.

Bent over barbell rows/dips/z-bar curls, Low rows/skull crushers/hammer curl, reverse grip pullups/overhead rope extension/overhead cable curls.

I'd hit it tomorrow, but life is gonna get in the way.

Comment

I do everything with dumbbells, rubber bands, and chin up bar when I don't have time to go to the gym.

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                    Thanks RR! I stayed up until midnight last night rewatching some of his videos and watching some new ones I hadn't seen. Really leaning towards that program, just don't know if I have all the equipment needed. I've gotten rid of my machine weight station and most of my free weights.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                      I do everything with dumbbells, rubber bands, and chin up bar when I don't have time to go to the gym.
                      Are you doing the Athlean-X program? Or do you know anyone that has?

Last edited by Muskles; 08-11-2017, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Skipped shoulders yesterday, got it done this morning. Hip flexors are still screaming from ab ripper X!

Comment

Upper body day. 10x10 for chest, back, shoulders and arms. Low weight slow reps. Working on muscle contraction.

Comment

Biceps, triceps and calves to day.

Comment

read this thread and I'm already feeling better about myself.......Does that count?

Actually about to add working out back into my daily routine. I changed my diet 5 weeks ago and have dropped 25+- lbs.

Its amazing what 24 months out of the gym will do to your waist line, attitude and outlook on life.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                                read this thread and I'm already feeling better about myself.......Does that count?

Actually about to add working out back into my daily routine. I changed my diet 5 weeks ago and have dropped 25+- lbs.

Its amazing what 24 months out of the gym will do to your waist line, attitude and outlook on life.
                                Deciding you want to get healthy and exercise is the first, and hardest, step. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X