No announcement yet.

28 gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a Benelli Ethos in 28ga. It's on my shortlist.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

What is the reasoning for this? Safety with cracked barrels?
      Yes, I thought they were kidding at first. Started 4 or 5 years ago, think it's kinda the "cool thing" to do now. As poor as I shoot I miss that 3rd round pretty often

Comment

Originally posted by Nelson View Post
        I have a rizzini and skb. Only suggestion I would give you is to buy a gun that is built on a 28ga action. Some are built on 20ga and are heavier and wider.

I own every gauge in over unders and use my 28ga the most. Also watch out when buying shells. Some many factors don't do a good job of quality control and they are not round. Rio has always been good good my my guns.
        Excellent advice.

Comment

I love my grandads 1950 ish Rem.
          But never quail hunt anymore

Last ranch I hunted was 2 birds per covey limit.
          Auto was not really an advantage. I would go with 0/U

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
            Yes, I thought they were kidding at first. Started 4 or 5 years ago, think it's kinda the "cool thing" to do now. As poor as I shoot I miss that 3rd round pretty often

Make sense but I’m sure there is a little gentlemanly cool club in that mix too.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Make sense but I’m sure there is a little gentlemanly cool club in that mix too.

It's a measure to keep from shooting out coveys on day lease type outfits.

Comment

I've got a Remington 1100 Sporting 28 I may sell. Great shape with several chokes. Nice gun, I just usually grab an old A5 20ga I like. Let me know if your interested.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                  Looking to get a 28 gauge. Any of you guys have one and what do you have?

Have heard good franchi 48 al, have also been looking at the beretta a400, the benelli ethos and the Remington 1100.

Have also considered an o/u or s/s, but think I'd like an auto more.

Any recommendations of brands to look at or stay away from.
                  Franchi does not make the 48 al anymore so you'd have to pick one up used. I just got the Beretta A400 in 28 gauge and love it. Shot it all last week at cranes and ducks in the panhandle and had no issues even with the blowing dirt up there. I also have a remington 1100 that I used to love shooting but don't see myself going back to it now that I bought the Beretta. If you are looking for an OU check out the Franchi Instinct L. Beautiful gun and on a true sub gauge frame. Whatever you do, don't buy a 28 gauge on a 20 gauge frame.

Comment

So if I went the o/u route I was thinking of getting a 20/28 gauge with the interchangeable barrels. I guess that is a bad idea?

Comment

Have a Ruger Red Label in 28g. Great gun. Points perfect with unnoticeable recoil. I'll own it forever.

Comment

I have a Remington 11-48 in 28 ga that I like shooting. I also picked up a Yeldiz over under that I have not shot yet.
                        Last edited by T-roy66; 11-14-2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

I'm looking at a used Zoli sporting 20/28 combo right now for next season...

I started my dove hunting at a young age with a 28ga wingmaster, but the ole guy who was buying my shells at the time quickly decided a 20 was a much better option for me.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                            Have a Ruger Red Label in 28g. Great gun. Points perfect with unnoticeable recoil. I'll own it forever.
                            That sounds like a winner !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                              So if I went the o/u route I was thinking of getting a 20/28 gauge with the interchangeable barrels. I guess that is a bad idea?

Just make sure the 20 is on a sub gauge frame and you’ll be fine

Comment

Love the silver pigeon.

Comment

Working...
                                X