No announcement yet.

Chaparral Archery Dec 5 - 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive seen quite a few deer. 4 bucks. Had a 1.5 yr old 6 at 25 yards, multiple does and yearlings. I rattled in a good mature buck, looked like a 9, wide. I saw him cruising about 90 yards away, couldnt get him to hear a grunt, rattled quickly and got my bow in hand. He appeared somehow or another, from the opposite direction I saw him originally traveling, 22yards away almost down wind. He stiff walked in with ears laid flat back, hair bristled up, posturing up hard! He winded me and turned around quickly and headed out the way he came. I let one loose at 30yards and slung it right over him. [emoji21]

Had to try.

Had a 2.5 yr old 8pt standing in the same spot 4 min later....ate corn for a few minutes. I snapped a few photos.

Still at it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

With this weather I would sit all day everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
        Ive seen quite a few deer. 4 bucks. Had a 1.5 yr old 6 at 25 yards, multiple does and yearlings. I rattled in a good mature buck, looked like a 9, wide. I saw him cruising about 90 yards away, couldnt get him to hear a grunt, rattled quickly and got my bow in hand. He appeared somehow or another, from the opposite direction I saw him originally traveling, 22yards away almost down wind. He stiff walked in with ears laid flat back, hair bristled up, posturing up hard! He winded me and turned around quickly and headed out the way he came. I let one loose at 30yards and slung it right over him. [emoji21]

Had to try.

Had a 2.5 yr old 8pt standing in the same spot 4 min later....ate corn for a few minutes. I snapped a few photos.

Still at it.

Exciting! Are you In a brush blind or tripod or? Let's see your set up

Comment

Originally posted by JW774 View Post
          Yes sir, we’ll do it again in a few years or twenty! Another pointer, if you kill your deer early be kind and let someone else have your pasture if they aren’t seeing anything. Gave up mine with a couple days left to a group that wasn’t seeing anything. As I was loading my stuff up to head home one of the guys gave me an invite to hunt axis. I’ve been going to his place ever since and we’ve become great friends. Killed some dang nice axis too. Karma can be awesome if you’re on the right end of it
          Probably closer to 20, but one can dream. Awesome deal on the axis hunts. We had 3 other guys in my group once I killed mine, so I spent the rest of the week scouting for them. None of them have access to axis, but I did put my dad on a nice buck, so I guess that's almost as good

Comment

BBD! Recovered

Comment

Awesome, in for picks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations! Anxious to see pics

Comment

BBD! Recovered

Ready for pics

Comment

BBD! Recovered

Congrats. In for pics.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats. In for pics

Comment

Cmon man you can't make a BBD statement and not produce pics

Comment

Woo hoo ! Let's see him!

Comment

Congrats, in for pics!

Comment

I'll post pics and report tomorrow. Way to awesome of a day to try and short change any followers! An EPIC hunt today! Tons of encounter, rattled up numeroua bucks, even missed a big one early. I'll fill yall in tomorrow,I havent ate a bite or drank an ounce today! Too busy hunting. Keep calm, y'all know I don't BS!

Comment

Working...
                                X