Food plot and a little work today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
    That's a quality mix. I've had good luck with the Tecomate chicory....love that stuff.

If using a mix like this, do you need to use an inoculant for the clover?

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
      If using a mix like this, do you need to use an inoculant for the clover?
      Those mixes usually have an inoculant coating on them. The Tecomate stuff does.

Comment

Those mixes usually have an inoculant coating on them. The Tecomate stuff does.

10-4. Thanks.

Comment

That's a quality mix. I've had good luck with the Tecomate chicory....love that stuff.
          Yes I bought a 10lb bag of it last year and split it among my 3 plots. It came up good.

I am looking at this mix or possibly the outfitters blend and adding more oats/wheat to it.

I just like how these mixes have clover already in them, most of them. ANd its inoculated. I can always add more wheat/oats to them

Looking at Tecomate Monster Mix, Max Attract and Outfitters blend from Mossy Oak.

Comment

Update - Well the lake is dropping at a rate of a foot every 4.5 days at the current rate of flow being released. I need about 6 feet of drop so I can cross my creek to get set up for hunting. That's basically a month from now so looks like it will be after bow season opens.

Dang mosquitoes will pick you up and carry you away so I'm not too excited about hunting with them anyway!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Any luck making it across the creek?

Comment

Question:

I sprayed my plot Labor Day weekend and planned on planting this weekend. I was going to run a haro over the plot to rake as much of the dead vegetation off the plot as possible before spreading the seed. With the recent rain do ya'll think it would be better to just broadcast the seed into the dead vegetation?

Comment

Originally posted by jwstrother View Post
                  Question:

I sprayed my plot Labor Day weekend and planned on planting this weekend. I was going to run a haro over the plot to rake as much of the dead vegetation off the plot as possible before spreading the seed. With the recent rain do ya'll think it would be better to just broadcast the seed into the dead vegetation?
                  I would broadcast the seed and then mow the dead vegetation over the seed. I am grain drilling and then shredding my dead vegetation.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                    Any luck making it across the creek?
                    Gonna look at it tomorrow and try. Its dropped over 4 feet but I still think it might be 2-3 feet deep at my crossing. We shall see.

Comment

Gonna look at it tomorrow and try. Its dropped over 4 feet but I still think it might be 2-3 feet deep at my crossing. We shall see.

I think you can make it across, just be sure to have someone with you... to film [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you can make it across, just be sure to have someone with you... to film [emoji12]

LOL...yeah right!

Comment

Bawahaha!

Comment

You jynxed me dude.
                            Stuck like Chuck.

Comment

[emoji28]

Comment

Man this one is stuck good. To the frame. My dad is here but can't pull me out. Gonna get a shovel and try to dig.

Already tried strapping a 2x4 to the wheel....fail. High centered.

Comment

Working...
                                X