No announcement yet.

McMullen Ranch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for taking photos and posting them! Yes it is super dry and has been for most of the year. We need rain but the next best thing is protein, alfalfa and lots of water down the creek. Past that, it is out of our hands.

Comment

Simply incredible! Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Love game management. How long have you been on the protein program. How big is place? Highfence?

Great looking deer. Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
          Love game management. How long have you been on the protein program. How big is place? Highfence?

Great looking deer. Congrats!!
          We have been feeding for 14 years. Just under 1,000 acres and yes we are high fenced. Been a lot of fun over the years.

Comment

Simply stunning

Comment

Beautiful deer. Can't wait to see which one ends up in the DMP

Comment

You can't go wrong this year. Quite a few great bucks that could continue to improve your ranch. Have you identified any management deer you are definitely trying to remove?

Comment

McMullen Ranch Thread

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                  You can't go wrong this year. Quite a few great bucks that could continue to improve your ranch. Have you identified any management deer you are definitely trying to remove?

No we might not shoot any bucks at all. Maybe one or two but nothing of any consequence.
                  This guy might catch an arrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by TildenHunter; 08-18-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

A few from yesterday evening.
                    Last edited by texashunter56; 01-10-2018, 09:01 PM.

Comment

A few more. It was getting later when the droptine buck finally got into a more open area to see him better.

Comment

A couple of younger bucks that I thought might could have been twins. Both have droptines. One has 3 drops and the other has one drop but also a split G2. Same antler shape on both and both are very small bodied and hair coat color. They also came in at the same time. The one with the multiple drops did not stay around very long at all while the other stayed till dark. These two will fun to try to track thru the years.

Comment

Yesterday evening. Deer moved just a little before sundown due to cloud bank in the west.

Comment

that typical 12 is one heck of a buck. One of my favorite ever posted on the Green Screen. Thank you for sharing your deer with us!

Comment

Deer

man you have some awesome deer!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                                that typical 12 is one heck of a buck. One of my favorite ever posted on the Green Screen. Thank you for sharing your deer with us!
                                Thanks for looking. That 12 is one of my favorites too. I remember seeing him at about 500 yards last year walking away and he looked like a giant. He is considerably better this year.......interested to see what he does in another 2 years.

Originally posted by DEADEYE1 View Post
                                man you have some awesome deer!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!
                                Thanks. I will keep sharing as long as people are interested in seeing pics.

I am really using this thread as a management tool so that hopefully I can come back next year and be able to match up some deer pictures. I hate having to keep a thousand deer pictures on my phone.

Big shoutout to Texashunter56 for coming out to our place and taking all of these great photos. We really appreciate and look forward to more top notch photos!

Comment

Working...
                                X