LTC Renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTC Renewal

My current LTC expires next February, but I got the renewal notification letter yesterday. I'd like to make sure there is no lapse in my LTC (don't get the renewed license before my current expires). I'lll definitely wait until after September to send it in due to the price decrease, but if I send it in that early, will my expiration date remain the same? My current license expires 02/02/2018. So if I send in the renewal next month, will the new license be valid from 02/03/2018 to 02/02/2023?

Basically I don't want a lapse, but I also don't want to send it in too early, and have my expiration date moved up a few months.

A contact form for contacting DPS Regulatory Services Customer Service

Comment

up

Comment

nobody?

Comment

Good question.
          Mine is up for renewal by the end of December.
          I am also waiting on September and hope it gets processed in time.

I remember when I used to wait until a day or two into the next month for a vehicle inspection to kick the inspection a full month ahead the next year. Those days are gone.
          My Travel trailer is due in February. When I get around to getting it done in April or May it is due the next year in February.
          If vehicle inspections don't bounce foreword anymore, I would hope your LTC wouldn't bounce backwards.
          Last edited by DaveC; 08-15-2017, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Pretty sure the expiration date does not change as it should be your birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
              Pretty sure the expiration date does not change as it should be your birthday.
              yep

Comment

Mine is up in October. I mailed in the renewal and received my new one and it kept my October expiration

Comment

Mine didn't expire until December 2017. I sent it in as soon as I got it in the mail(June). It's already back and in my pocket! Dates remained the same.

Comment

Shouldn't be no dang tax on carrying a gun...

Sorry, carry on

Comment

I think I read where you can not send it in earlier than four or six months before your renewal date. I read that when I renewed mine, but I do not remember the exact time frame, but it should state in your renewal letter.

Comment

Is there a specific day in September when the price drops ?
                        Or is it just September 1st and beyond?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X