No announcement yet.

How many deer have you shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Around 50 probably. Half with a bow and half with a rifle.

Comment

Probably about 50 or 60.

Comment

A whole bunch! And probably 80% or more of them have been with a longbow or recurve!

Bisch

Comment

I cannot say for sure but a lot of them. It is not really that big of a deal when you consider I have been hunting for well over 50 years. We have very liberal limits here in Texas.

Comment

I would have to guess less than 5 with a rifle and 20+ with a bow

Comment

I think I am right at 105. Probably about 25 with my bow.

Comment

1 unless you count kills with a vehicle then probably 6. Could have shot several more over the years but I didn't feel like field dressing them. I'd rather watch someone else shoot one,help load it up then eat it after they do all the work.

Comment

110 with Bow

I would guess 200 more with Gun. All big deer are hunted with Bow, but have to pull out the gun to manage at the end of the year.

I still get excited about taking even a doe with my bow. Something about watching that arrow fly to hit its mark never gets old.

Comment

I'd say about 10-20 ball park. One with a bow.

Comment

My grandfather lived his entire 89 years in South Texas and he died still as mad at them as he was at 15. We all set down with him towards the end and tried to estimate how many deer he had killed. He had 10 years where he killed over 50 per year, a couple of those were over 75. We guessed in his other 68 years he averaged about 20 a year. He took 7 his last year of hunting at 88. We came up with just over 1,900 deer in his lifetime. Don't even get me started on number of javalinas. He gutted, cleaned and packaged all of those deer, plus many more for friends and family.
                      I have never met another man as mad at them as John Marion Thompson.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                        I think I'm in approaching 30 for whitetail
                        Counted up what I can remember. Might be a few WT I'm missing.
                        Whitetail- Bow 18 Gun 14 Total 32
                        Exotic Deer- Bow 2 Gun 7 Total 9
                        Last edited by Patton; 08-11-2017, 03:42 PM.

Comment

200-300. I lost track. I was knocking down does on MLD property. I dropped 12 in one evening hunt.

Comment

I have NO idea, but have 4 on the wall as they are each unique. I'm not "mad at 'em anymore," but I would still love to take a big non typical. Honestly, I spend most of my time sitting in the blind or Ranger and just enjoy seeing all the wild life.

My TBH son keeps our freezer full with back strap, etc., so I'm happy!!

Comment

Dang, some of ya'll have shot a ton of deer. I've shot somewhere around 5 or 6 whitetails and 2 mule deer.

Comment

Way over a 100

Comment

Working...
                                X