Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lonesome Dove

Comment

I am reading Death in Yellowstone it is non-fiction by Lee H. Whittlesey. It is a great book!

Comment

World War Z, by Max Brooks. The movie wasn't remotely related to the book, so ignore that if you saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by DosToros View Post
          We need to start a list of the "Essential TBH Library" or something similar. It would be the TBH staples that get mentioned in every book thread. Like:
          The Bible
          Empire of the Summer Moon
          Lone Survivor
          Lonesome Dove
          Everything Louis L'amour
          Game of Thrones
          Frackers
          The Big Rich

That's just off the top of my head what am I missing that qualifies? I know there are a bunch more.

Robert Ruark's The Old Man and the Boy and The Old Man's Boy Grows Older.

Bob Lee

Comment

The Hungry Ocean - Linda Greenlaw (Swordfishing Grand Banks - sister boat of the Andrea Gail of Perfect Storm fame)

Red Platoon: A True Story of American Valor - Medal of Honor recipient Clinton Romesha

The Journals of Lewis and Clark - Lewis & Clark

Two Years Before the Mast - Richard Henry Dana Jr.

Comment

Saga of Doc Holliday by Vicroria Wilcox. Historical fiction by a woman who spent 18 years doing research on the subject. I am finishing the second of 3 books. Great read!

Comment

To Kill a Mockingbird
                Go Set a Watchman
                Catcher in the Rye
                The Outsiders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been reading books by Harlan Coben lately. He writes mystery/thriller novels.

Comment

The Perfect Storm - Sebastian Junger

Comment

One Ranger about Joaquin Jackson

Comment

A fairly new novel is loosely related to traditional archery. The book is At First Light by Sandy Harris. Mystery novel based on three guys being killed in a southern deer hunting camp. It is an easy read and well written by the author. I highly recommend it. Sandy is a traditional bowhunter.

A couple of other guys have mentioned The Big Sky by A.B. Guthrie. When I was a freshman at A&M it was assigned reading in a English class. I could not put it down when I started reading it. It remains one of the best books I have ever read. A young man moves west and becomes a trapper and mountain man. Great read.

Comment

Originally posted by JCG View Post
                          Currently reading "The Big Sky" by A. B. Guthrie. Good read so far!
                          Just got this one in yesterday. Finishing up the boarder series by Cormac McCarthy.

Hound dog Man by Fred Gipson is my all time favorite.

Comment

"The Clash of the Cultures: Investment v. Speculation" - John Bogle

Comment

Lone Star Nation
                              The Captured
                              War and Peace

Comment

Check out books written by Elmer Kelton. The time it never rained, The wolf and the buffalo. Just a couple of his that are great reading.

Comment

Working...
                                X