Best way to prepare this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
    open and smell...... that should tell you all you need to know !
    This is always true. Further, if you can smell the moose before you open it up, you probably missed a sign or two beforehand.

Comment

My brother cans part of his deer meat. If done properly it is outstanding. Heat it up, make some brown gravy, and serve it over mashed potatoes or rice.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        I'm surprised more of y'all don't know this stuff is good.

Make some HOMEMADE brown gravy serve it over rice.
        Canned Mule **** smothered in elephant dung and heated fish slime might taste like cherry pie.... but I'll never know.

Comment

Never had canned meat, but I know when my mom would can fruit and vegetables she made sure liquid was to the top of the jar. My dad would pickle fish and to the same, make sure the jar was full of brine to the top. They said it would spoil if air was left in. And there looks to be a good amount of air in those jars. Open it up and smell it, would be my guess. Let us know how it smells and if you eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
            Never had canned meat, but I know when my mom would can fruit and vegetables she made sure liquid was to the top of the jar. My dad would pickle fish and to the same, make sure the jar was full of brine to the top. They said it would spoil if air was left in. And there looks to be a good amount of air in those jars. Open it up and smell it, would be my guess. Let us know how it smells and if you eat it.
            Liquid doesn't have to be to the top. Meat is canned in a pressure cooker which raises the temperature to 240 250 degrees F. This will kill any organisms in the airspace and as long as the seal is not broken you're OK. If the seal is broken, you will get contamination whether there is liquid to the top or not.

Comment

No one here has ever had spam.....ir c-rations...sheesh. I am planning on canning some differant meats this year...small bathches...see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                No one here has ever had spam.....ir c-rations...sheesh. I am planning on canning some differant meats this year...small bathches...see what happens
                Or tuna fish, or Vienna sausages or can Chicken. But they will eat taco Bell, jack in the box, and McDonald's

It's amazing how many people automatically assume something is gross without ever trying it.

Comment

Hmm
                  Sammiches?

Comment

I'll try anything twice but that doesn't sound appetizing.

Comment

Squirts

Comment

Just give it away
                        There ain't nuthin in this house worth fightin over
                        -George Straight

Comment

Canning meats is actually a common and popular process. Meats must be processed in a pressure canner

Ive had green beans with bacon from a jar and they were as fresh as the day they were picked

Comment

Don't toss it. Pm hammer63. They can the deer meat they get and Mikes wife Trish makes some good stuff out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                              It's best when you form it into meatballs, they are called "Moose knuckles"
                              Naw sir, I've seen moose knuckles at Walmart.

Comment

Have not decided yet how I am going to fix it but definitely will be opening outside just in case it is spoiled

I doubt it is bad because the lady that gave it to my wife said they eat it

Sushi and shashimi have not killed me

Lingua tacos are pretty **** good too

Comment

Working...
                                X