No announcement yet.

LBJ Grasslands 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are run by the same office. But managed differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
      No. LBJ no permit needed from LBJ, but I think you need the $48 public hunting permit.

Anyone else chime in???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      So when i look TPWD they don't list LBJ on the interactive regional public hunting map... Why is this?

Comment

There are 4 types of public lands in Texas. Three are lands run by federal agencies. Some of those federal agencies work very closely with TP&W. Some do not. LBJ is run by the U.S. Forestry Service. Some of the forestry service lands are managed by TP&W. But LBJ is not one of them. TP&W just helps enforce the law there, as do the Federal Forestry agents like Rangers and US Fish and Wildlife Wardens. That is the only thing TP&W dose at/with LBJ. LBJ also has it's own hunting program and rules.

No matter what type of public lands you chose to hunt, be sure you know the rules for that land. Some vary by location and do not have a blanket set of rules. Or a blanket set of rules for the state. But most follow the state bag limits or have their own of lessor limits. Or even some "off limits".
        Last edited by Texas Grown; 02-07-2017, 07:28 PM.

Comment

The LBJ is not a Texas Wildlife Management Are (WMA). You can call the office and order a map and they will send you a copy of the regulations. It's best to stop by the office and ask lots of questions.

Caddo/LBJ Ranger District
          1400 Hwy 287 North
          P.O. Box 507
          Decatur, TX 76234

940 627-5475

Comment

LBJ Grasslands 2016-2017

The maps from the forestry service stink.
            Last edited by IkemanTX; 02-08-2017, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
              The maps from the forestry service stink.

No kidding. The borders of each unit being clearly marked is fine and all, but I wish they would start putting little icons on where good bucks are standing so I don't have to guess.

Comment

Excellent idea Larry! I'm all in for it! Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                  No kidding. The borders of each unit being clearly marked is fine and all, but I wish they would start putting little icons on where good bucks are standing so I don't have to guess.

Hahaha, I'm liking the idea.

Comment

Im new to Texas as well. Im guessing LBJ has some decent hunting on it. I'll definitely be out there next season.

Comment

Yote hunting

Thinking about heading out sat evening or Sunday morning to scout some turkeys and maybe do some yote hunting. Saw a few good size yotes last season

Comment

If anybody is heading out to LBJ or Caddo and wants some company or needs help with anything pm me. I would love to have someone familiar with hunting in Texas to get up to speed with. I am NOT trying to horn in on your favorite spots or anything like that. I just feel like hunting here in Texas is going to be a lot different than the farmland and hardwood forests of PA I am used to hunting. So having a mentor so to speak, could be helpful. I will gladly pay for lunch/dinner/beers whatever, for any advice .

This area seems like it will be the closest public land to me so unless I can find a lease public land will have to give me my bowhunting fix.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                          If anybody is heading out to LBJ or Caddo and wants some company or needs help with anything pm me. I would love to have someone familiar with hunting in Texas to get up to speed with. I am NOT trying to horn in on your favorite spots or anything like that. I just feel like hunting here in Texas is going to be a lot different than the farmland and hardwood forests of PA I am used to hunting. So having a mentor so to speak, could be helpful. I will gladly pay for lunch/dinner/beers whatever, for any advice .

This area seems like it will be the closest public land to me so unless I can find a lease public land will have to give me my bowhunting fix.

Where do you live? Are you talking about now or fall?

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post

I'm gonna head out there tomorrow. Try to call some yotes in again and scout for some more turkey. More than welcome to join. Unless you're waiting for fall

Comment

I definitely don't want to wait for fall. I am going to pm you.

Comment

Found this about a month ago while looking for pigs.
                                Last edited by Txbowslaughter; 03-26-2017, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X