New Rangefindimg Sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Rangefindimg Sights

I must say ATA 2018 was a blast. Had the opportunity to handle the new IQ bowsight and I think a lot of people are going to like it. It's not for everyone but at least I won't be forgetting my rangefinder anymore. At $350 MSRP it's not going to break the bank. Set up is rather simple as is utilizing of the range finding feature. Lasers just like the leupold vendetta did using your twenty yard pin as the point of reference. Unit I handled was the 5 pin variety. My local shop ordered a few so I can't wait to get it in the field. I also swung by the Garmin booth to check out their offering and can say it also is an awesome unit. It reminds me of the SABO sight and it ranges by utilizing a red dot that appears in your sight housing, and then pulls up a pin based on your distance. Both units seem to be game changers. The Garmin unit is considerably more expensive at $799 and $999 for the 5 pin variety. I preferred the IQ based on price and the fact that if the range finder/batteries fail you have pins to back you up, whereas the Garmin unit has to no back up features in the event it's batteries fail (no batteries=no pins). Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7196.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	25136475Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7194.jpg
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	25136476

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it... how heavy is it?

Comment

It's heavier than a normal sight. Both are. It's isn't so heavy that I wouldn't consider using it but it does add considerable weight. Here's a pic of the Garmin that didn't load yesterday. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7241.JPG
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	24526726

Comment

I saw the Garmin this week. It is awesome but too pricey for me. I would consider the IQ though. I'm about ready for a new bow and an upgrade from my React 5.

Comment

I've got a Leopold vendetta 2 range finder mounted on my bow. It doesn't add much weight to my setup at all.

Not that difficult to mount and set up. Only issue in having is my quiver no longer fits on my bow because the mounting bracket gets in the way.

But otherwise I'm happy with it and it was the same price as my previous Leopold range finder I dropped 25ft from a tree (if didn't survive)

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought these were illegal in Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
              I thought these were illegal in Texas?

They are not. There is a visible laser that the rangefinder has which should be used for range finder alignment purposes only when you first set it up.

Once set up the rangefinder works like any other one.

There is a different method to activate the visible laser vs. Regular range finder

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyneutrontx View Post
                They are not. There is a visible laser that the rangefinder has which should be used for range finder alignment purposes only when you first set it up.

Once set up the rangefinder works like any other one.

There is a different method to activate the visible laser vs. Regular range finder

Thanks. Knew there was something about them.

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                  Thanks. Knew there was something about them.

There are a great deal of posts on the vendetta 2 on both TBH and archery talk and on one of the threads someone posted the reapinse they got, I guess via email, from Texas parks and wildlife in Austin stating that they were legal to use as long as the visible laser wasn't activated.
                  I'm having a hard time find the correct thread to reference while using my phone. But when I do I'll post it

Comment

Working...
                  X