Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    What does he charge?

Sad people don't know how to communicate and much worse aren't too concerned with it.

There have been enough posts on here about him for him to even be able to defend himself IMO.

If your too busy to return a customers calls/texts you are doing something wrong or don't give a shet
    $1200. I think he doesn't want to deal with the BS at times. Only reason I started calling him is I got real worried when some posted here about it. I normally don't bug my taxi. I don't mind waiting. Good work doesn't come cheap or fast.

Comment

That cat turned out fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        $1200. I think he doesn't want to deal with the BS at times. Only reason I started calling him is I got real worried when some posted here about it. I normally don't bug my taxi. I don't mind waiting. Good work doesn't come cheap or fast.
        X2. I just started getting nervous reading others comments, then never getting anything when I text him several times over a span of a few months.

I am having a whole different mount done than you, but if mine looks anywhere near as good as yours, I will gladly wait another year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
          X2. I just started getting nervous reading others comments, then never getting anything when I text him several times over a span of a few months.

I am having a whole different mount done than you, but if mine looks anywhere near as good as yours, I will gladly wait another year.
          He had a few cats done in his shop. They all looked great. Mine was best but I'm biased

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            He had a few cats done in his shop. They all looked great. Mine was best but I'm biased

Mine is sitting. He said sometime in Jan it will be ready.

Comment

I am glad you guys are starting to get your cats it is about time.My cat was only a rug and he has to send then out after it is tanned. Just shy two years to get cat which was only tanned. Paid 300$ cash for deposit completed job 500$. Did not refund any deposit. Little high for tanning bobcat that he was going to make a rug. He also left message on my phone 11/14/16 that my cat was at rugmaker and would be ready at Thanksgiving. I still have that message.He told me story's then and on a later phone call. Pickup tamed 4/13/17. Took it to rugmaker she did a a great job. He does great work when he works but be ready for long waits and story's.

Comment

Does anyone know how to get in contact with Clay?

After he stopped answering calls/texts he was still responding on facebook messenger for a while, but now he has deleted his taxidermy business page on facebook and I have no way remaining to contact him... He has had my cat for over 3 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by guybrush View Post
                  Does anyone know how to get in contact with Clay?

After he stopped answering calls/texts he was still responding on facebook messenger for a while, but now he has deleted his taxidermy business page on facebook and I have no way remaining to contact him... He has had my cat for over 3 years now.
                  Your best bet is going to be to show up on his doorstep in person

Comment

Originally posted by Regular7 View Post
                    Your best bet is going to be to show up on his doorstep in person
                    This ^
                    My buddies have all had to go to his shop to pick with their antlers. My skull mount was nowhere to be found when they went :/

Comment

Thanks... disappointing, this was my first bobcat, and probably the only one I'll ever get close enough to shoot with a bow.

If I knew he would actually get around to it I wouldn't mind waiting that much, but at this point I'm pretty worried, could someone PM me his address?

Comment

Originally posted by WT View Post
                        Clay called me about a week ago out of the blue and I thought it was pretty good timing with this thread. He was about to get started on mine and said it should be completed in short order so I dropped a check in the mail the next day. I'll post up pics when it's here.
                        Update on this from TWO years ago:

I mailed the check to the address he gave me when I dropped the cat off and it was returned about two weeks later. I called, no answer. Texted, no reply. I even went so far as creating an account on taxi.net just to talk to the guy and get a good mailing address so I could get him paid. No response.

I talked to a taxidermist friend and he said Clay moved down the road a ways but didn't know where. Good luck guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

This guy sounds like a really POS. No way to run a business. I don’t care how good people say he is. Word of mouth with bring you business and will also put you out of business

Comment

Never said that. If anything, Clay is more trusting than anyone since he's never asked for a penny. I get what you're saying though. Having said that, I offered to pay in full when I dropped it off and he wouldn't let me. I can't speak on his customer service but I've seen his work in person and it really is second to none.
                            Not sure I buy that... I don’t care about money when I’m taking an animal to a taxidermist, I care about the animal. Honest is simply doing what you say.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                              Not sure I buy that... I don’t care about money when I’m taking an animal to a taxidermist, I care about the animal. Honest is simply doing what you say.
                              Buy what? That he was more trusting, or that I offered to pay?

Comment

Buy what? That he was more trusting, or that I offered to pay?

Just simply that he is trusting. I have no experience with the guy. I have been down this path in the past with taxidermest. Sucks...

Comment

Working...
                                X