Shoot or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot or not?

We hunt in Palo Pinto county, so we are under the antler restrictions. So I'm not sure how to handle this guy, don't how to measure him. I don't think he is okay to shoot but a couple of guys on the lease say he is. What does the green screen say?
    Attached Files

If you are not sure then do not shoot I would rather walk away with nothing then getting a hefty ticket, license taken away, and potential loss of firearms.

Comment

If you don't have pic's of him like that last year...let him walk this year. Might be a really nice deer next year. What can it hurt to have him get another year old?....

Comment

That deer is way beyond 13". You measure from the inside of one beam to the other at its widest point. It doesnt matter if one beam is turned down or goes up in a goofy manner. Just measure from the inside of one beam to the other.

Comment

Originally posted by J.C. View Post
          If you don't have pic's of him like that last year...let him walk this year. Might be a really nice deer next year. What can it hurt to have him get another year old?....
          I agree with this.

Comment

Dont think i have seen him before this year. He is just at the feeder every day for hours. Its like he is living off the corn, getting harder to watch him every weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              That deer is way beyond 13". You measure from the inside of one beam to the other at its widest point. It doesnt matter if one beam is turned down or goes up in a goofy manner. Just measure from the inside of one beam to the other.
              That's what the other guys on the lease said, i just wasn't sure.

Comment

old *** deer meeting AR.
                Dead.

Comment

Ask your local game warden just to be safe

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

he's plenty old and perfectly legal

Comment

Originally posted by J.C. View Post
                      to me it looks like he is on the downhill side, dont think he be any better next year.

Comment

shoot him, he is legal, he is old enough, and he is ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

And by looking at his hips and backbone he isnt in the greatest shape. Also looks to have a bulge on the right side of his mouth area. Possible abcess.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

Comment

I asked about this one. The answer was no. Only downside to AR.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X