X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1-2 an inch

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
      I’m not going to pay to go sit in a blind that someone else has done all the work. Now if I get to scout and do my own setup I still wouldn’t pay more then $500 and it would have to be at least a 5 day hunt. I realize no place is going to have a 5 day hunt for a 160 buck for 500 with a 75% chance. Now I would pay $4500 to get on a year round Lease that has a 75% chance at a 160 buck but the difference is I get to hunt year round and kill multiple animals. While I do like going after big bucks, I like the hunt more then the horns.
      We think a lot alike, but I personally couldn’t justify paying $4500 for a lease.

Comment

Originally posted by wcb View Post
        $53 for a 167 2/8" on public land

:d
        👍👍

Comment

Pretty interesting posting

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
            $53 for a 167 2/8" on public land

What deal! You have any pitchers of the 167 2/8?

Comment

My biggest is a 166. When you factor in everything from gas, hunt fee, tags, etc., probably cost me from $3000-3200. This was for a 6 day hunt in Kansas with a outfitter. You also have to understand, there is always a chance to shoot something much bigger as well at that same cost, or even nothing at all. I did it for the experience.
              But your question is kinda like a "loaded" question.
              What I won't do, is hunt a place that has a hunt fee, then a kill fee, and then a $100 per inch fee or something like that.

Comment

Zero for low if it was a single hunt. Zero for high under any circumstance even though some say the "hunting" is the same as low. (btw i've shot animals behind high fence but it just doesn't appeal to me anymore) I've shot two low fence deer over 160 both on my own lease over feeders at stands that I set up. I look at those animals everyday. The HF animals don't even get a look when I walk in to that room.

To have a 75% chance to shoot a 160, whether on a hunt or on a lease, is going to cost way more than the $1500-$3000 than some have said.

Comment

$73. What I just paid for hunting license and ahp.

Comment

Can’t afford it regardless, but I see people paying 5k give or take for a weekend hunt and a 160iah buck. And, it’ll go up from there I’m sure

Comment

Need to know where the place is so i can calculate the cost of the Uber.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        Need to know where the place is so i can calculate the cost of the Uber.
                        That is a consideration. Thanks for your input.

Comment

I have hunted all
                          Over Texas and have paid from $450-4500.00 for leases and have only killed bucks up to 130”. It’s not about the size to me but the time I spend with family and friends. I did however get on a lease two years ago in Illinois 55 acres close to my brother so it gives me a reason to go visit him. I was lucky enough last season to shoot a 174” my biggest deer ever and I still smile every time I think about the hunt. I pay $1000.00 for the piece of land.

Comment

0$ I won’t shoot one that small unless I’m culling.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              0$ I won’t shoot one that small unless I’m culling.
                              Haha, me neither.
                              Rocky, just go on a no kill/no pay hunt with a $250 weekend accommodations fee.

Comment

$2

Comment

Working...
                                X