Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for electrician

What am I missing here?

I added this panel to my shop several months ago... only the odd 1, 3, 5 spaces have juice.

please be gentle... I am NOT an electrician by an stretch of the imagination.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180210_180433.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	25138315

You only took 110 to the panel.
    One hot
    One neutral

You need another hot for the lug on the far right.

Comment

Oh my! So many things wrong here!

The white neutral wire coming out of the back of sub panel is terminated in the wrong spot. This should go where your black wire is terminated. Your black wire coming out the back of panel should be landed on the far right lug. Your ground should be made up but not bonded if this is a sub panel.

What’s unknown is the breaker that’s feeding this panel. Is it a single pole or two pole breaker?? I would not plug anything in you care about until this is fixed.
      Last edited by Electrican; 02-10-2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

There is a lot of issues in that panel by the way.

In my opinion very unsafe

Comment

Oh my x 2

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
            Oh my! So many things wrong here!
            Just like your avatar picture.

Comment

Obama thinks thats a clock.

Comment

Is that a hot leg hooked up to the neutral bar? And and a neutral hooked to the bus? Please call an electrician..

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                  Just like your avatar picture.
                  The best! Really hope you aren’t the other major brand fan boy.

Comment

Serous question here. Does any of the plugs actually work??

Comment

Oh and I might or might not have saved this pic for future use. Lol

Comment

Stop what you are doing!

Comment

You need to kill the power to it and then call an electrician.

Comment

The best! Really hope you aren’t the other major brand fan boy.
                            I’m a “PRIME” fan.

Comment

Serous question here. Does any of the plugs actually work??
                              Yeah everything works lol

I think the main confusion here are the wire color mismatch.

Yes this is a sub panel.

Coming from the main at the house it starts as 3 wire red, white, black from a 30 amp 2 pole.

Prior to my running this out to the shop, this circuit used to terminate at an old 240 window unit AC or swamp cooler. (old house)

Since I wasn't going to use either of those I decided to run it out to my shop for lights and a few outlets. Over the passed few years I decided it was time to dump the 1950'e fuse box that was out there.

If I recall, what is "running out to the panel" now is one leg of that 30 on the main and neutral. The original red leg is simply wire nutted off, taped and inside a junction box, as I only have 10/2 (with ground) between the main and shop panel.

Should I ditch the 2 pole at the main breaker or run the 3 wire (red/black) all the way out there? I don't have anything out there that requires 240.

Comment

Working...
                              X