Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cardio is the debbil

Comment

I’m in. I’m 37, 5’9” tall, and 250 lbs. I have a DIY public land elk hunt planned for September and I need to get back in shape. The mountain is there waiting for me, and it doesn’t care about my little fat feelings. It intends to punished me thoroughly before yielding it’s bounty.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
        Totally agree with you. It’s just as bad as that dang BMI chart. For my height and weight, even at my best, I’ve always been to high.

I totally agree with both of you. I'm 6'4 and 228 and my BMI says I'm over weight. I used to train folks and they would get pizzed when they'd step on the scale and their weight went up. Then we'd go measure their BG % and they were a little happier. They don't realize muscle weighs more than fat. All they want is that scale to read less. SMH

Comment

Didn't get all of it done that I wanted to this morning. Only got chest done today. Flat bench/hanging leg raises, wide grip seated press/ab roller, incline fly/crunches, pushups to failure.

Tomorrow will make up for what I didn't get done today. Hams and shoulders.

Comment

Solid work out with Bi’s and Back this morning

Cardio included a 1 mile jog and two short 250 meter sprints on the rower

Comment

Freezing cold 2 miler last night at dark. I haven't been that cold since Marine Corps training in the Sierra Nevadas back in '89. Good grief. Hurts the lungs...but feels good afterwards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	26168134_10155549338043241_5830838247002270456_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	24525911

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

Well I didnt get to the gym today (probably because I dont have a membership yet HA) BUT I did burn some calories man handling an air handler into a small closet today. So I guess you could say I worked bis, tris, legs and back lol.

Comment

I’m in, lost 100 lbs last year. Went from 310+ down to 210. Did gain 3-5 pounds over the holidays and hunting season not working out as much and not eating as well. My goal this year is to get down to 190 and run at least a half marathon. Waiting for the “Resolution” rush to end at the gym and hitting it back hard next Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                      Hyde works best for me. Mesomorph worked good for 2 wks then nada.
                      Snagged some Hyde today along with bucked up since I had a 50$ GNC card

If neither work then it’s over for prework out

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                        Snagged some Hyde today along with bucked up since I had a 50$ GNC card

If neither work then it’s over for prework out
                        My daughters boyfriend founds some stuff with 450 grams of caffeine in it. He's saving me a scoop.

Sounds like you might just need a stim holiday for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by plentl65 View Post
                          I’m in, lost 100 lbs last year. Went from 310+ down to 210. Did gain 3-5 pounds over the holidays and hunting season not working out as much and not eating as well. My goal this year is to get down to 190 and run at least a half marathon. Waiting for the “Resolution” rush to end at the gym and hitting it back hard next Monday.

Give us more details on losing 100 lbs. That's amazing.

Comment

I'm still at it 5 days a week. Deer season is almost over then I'll be back to 6 days a week, 3 days cardio 3 days strength training with more focus on cardio. If all goes well I'll be elk hunting in September so all my training over the summer will be focused on that. I'm right around 175-178 lbs and not looking to change my weight up or down, just hard work and trying to be in the best shape possible.

Comment

missed yesterday, killed legs today

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                                Give us more details on losing 100 lbs. That's amazing.

The heaviest I ever remember stepping on the scales at was 310 but I know I was some where north of that at one period of time just looking back at pictures. I started trying to lose weight two years ago when my son was born telling myself I was going to be the fat Dad. I maybe lost 15 pounds. Then when his Mom and I separated at the beginning of last year I started using exercise as my escape. I’m a HVAC tech and the majority of my meals came through a drive through since I practically live out of my van in the summer. I cut out fast food completely. Stopped all sugary drinks, even sweet tea which was tough. Really cut out bread almost entirely. If I do eat it it’s for breakfast like a breakfast taco or something at the beginning of my day. It’s truly amazing how “eating clean” gives you so much more energy for your day and workouts. I usually have a protein and vegetables for lunch. Mainly salads but I like salads. Instead of candy if I have a craving for something sweet I eat fruit. I work out every day I don’t have my son which is anywhere from 3-5 times a week. Started out with running 3-5 miles a week but was up to 25-30 by the end of summer. After I run I go work out lifting weights for another 45 minutes or so. I weigh myself every day though. I use that number in the scale as a daily reminder that maybe you don’t need that double cheeseburger that you’re craving haha. My before and after so far Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0349.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	24526014Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1375.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	24526015

Comment

Working...
                                X