Doss, TX 8 point in velvet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doss, TX 8 point in velvet

Any idea on how old this guy is? Nice rack modest build for Texas Hill country.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Holy picture size! That's a bad time of year to be trying to age deer but I would say he's a 4 or 5 year old. I'm headed up to Doss this weekend to start getting things ready to go for my girlfriend. They own a good chunk of land in Doss and she's looking for her first bow deer. Good luck this season.

Comment

What part of Doss are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think he's a young deer based on the thinness of the neck and face... I could be be wrong but I'm thinking 3.5 .

Comment

4 maybe 3 need better pic's (side view)

Comment

I deducted a year because the pic is so big.

Comment

Ive hunted in Doss for 11 years and have year round pics the last 8 or so and I would say he is 3 maybe 4 at the most.

Comment

2.5-3.5

Comment

It's my Dad's ranch, just bought it. If you leave "downtown" Doss on 783 going south toward Kerville, his is the first gate on the left right after the road hooks right. 117 acres.

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                    Holy picture size! That's a bad time of year to be trying to age deer but I would say he's a 4 or 5 year old. I'm headed up to Doss this weekend to start getting things ready to go for my girlfriend. They own a good chunk of land in Doss and she's looking for her first bow deer. Good luck this season.
                    Thanks, hope she bags her first one! I tried to get my wife into it, but she would rather watch the kids at the house! Lol. my father is going to be up there this weekend and is going to get newer game cam pics...

Comment

Looks 3 to me from the one pic.

Comment

We have been hunting in Harper for the last 12 years. Deer this time of year really have not bulked up much. Based on that one picture I wold guess 4 1/2.

-john

Comment

2.5 - 3.5 really need a better picture to tell.

Comment

3.5-4.5

Comment

From our experience they are usually a little older than you first think down there so my guess is 3.5

Comment

Working...
                              X