Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

No more "maybe next time"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more "maybe next time"

As the last bit of light faded on the last day of muzzle loader season, I reflected on the season. Blanked during bow season, blanked during general season, blanked during muzzle loader season. Had a few opportunities but nothing worth spilling blood for the sake of spilling blood. Every time I would leave the lease I would call the wife to let her know I was on the way home. Every time she would ask how I did I would say "nothing- maybe next time". So now begins our "off season". Time to catch up on the honey-do's that were put off "until the end of deer season". Well, time to pay that piper. Also time to start that list of things to do before next season- maybe tweak that stand set-up, fresh coat of paint on the box stand, start thinking about spring food plots, resetting the spinner motors to just throw once a day, fresh batteries in the cameras to keep track of the off season, etc. Just think guys and gals...just about nine months until the birth of another season- and my next "maybe next time".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol

Comment

We all feel the same way.....

Comment

Great season recap.
          I spent plenty of time on stand on 2 leases and didn't see any bucks I cared to kill.
          Maybe next year.

Now the "before next season gets here" list gets worked on.

Comment

Now I'll focus on hogs until spring turkey. after that is the best time for axis

Comment

I could kill a doe anytime either in the back yard or at the lease and with the season winding down I never could get motivated to get out there and get one. Reckon I better get one early next year because this is the first season since I crawled in a stand 40 years ago with my dad that I have not killed at lease 1 deer.
              My boy filled the freezer back in Nov. So we have meat for at least 6 months

Comment

I'm also in this elite club. Never drew back on anything all year because I didn't see anything within range all year. 7 Deer the entire season.

Doug

Comment

Working...
                X