LEM Meat Grinder .75 or 1hp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEM Meat Grinder .75 or 1hp?

Wanted to know everyone's thoughts on either the .75 or 1hp? Anyone get the .75 and wish they got the 1hp?

Really dont think I'll need the 1hp but, want to make sure I cover all the bases. I plan on processing 1-2 deer a year and making specialty sausage.

Let me know what you think.

I would say when in doubt go bigger.

Comment

If you think you might ever want to stuff sausage or huntersticks off the grinder, go with the 1HP. We do 200-400 lbs at a time.

I chose the 1HP and am glad I did. I figured another $100 on a lifetime investment was a drop in the bucket when divided annually. Well that and they had a helluva post Christmas sale on them all when I bought mine.

Comment

Always get the higher horsepower when talking grinders. More power means faster!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          If you think you might ever want to stuff sausage or huntersticks off the grinder, go with the 1HP. We do 200-400 lbs at a time.

I chose the 1HP and am glad I did. I figured another $100 on a lifetime investment was a drop in the bucket when divided annually. Well that and they had a helluva post Christmas sale on them all when I bought mine.
          Do you ever use a stuffer or just use the grinder?

Comment

1hp

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Brian77429 View Post
                Do you ever use a stuffer or just use the grinder?
                We learned to stuff off a grinder in the 70s and 80s. It was a high HP commerical Hobart style so it was fast. When I moved away on my own and had to start doing my own, we (my group up here) used a few low HP grinders and 15lb stuffer. That's a lot of **** cranking with 300-400lbs. When my personal low HP cheaper grinder burned up, I bought the 1HP and have not touched a manual stuffer since.

Comment

I went with the LEM Big Bite. Man it eats up venison way faster than I can even come close to cutting it! I literally can’t cut the meat up fast enough for how fast it will grind it. I’m going to have to give it more of a challenge the next time. Hopefully I’ll be stuffing a hog and a deer in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 1HP Cabelas commercial grade and that thing will spit meat out as fast as I can feed it. I fed a whole back strap down the hole one time and it chomped it all up too! I think I need some coaching on using it as a stuffer, though. The first time I tried, it didn't turn out real good. Maybe I need to try the foot pedal attachment.

Comment

I have a Tor-Rey #12 grinder that is 3/4 hp and it does just fine. I package hamburger meat off the grinder and it keeps up easily. I have not however stuffed sausage with it, so I can't say if it's fast enough for that. But I do at least 5 deer a year and it does great. But as stated, when in doubt go bigger. You will never regret getting the bigger motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
                        I have a 1HP Cabelas commercial grade and that thing will spit meat out as fast as I can feed it. I fed a whole back strap down the hole one time and it chomped it all up too! I think I need some coaching on using it as a stuffer, though. The first time I tried, it didn't turn out real good. Maybe I need to try the foot pedal attachment.
                        The foot pedal is great when stuffing hamburger bags or if you are trying to do sausage. Makes it so much easier than flipping the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post

Use the T, the footpedal and the plastic auger in the tube. It is quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Use the T, the footpedal and the plastic auger in the tube. It is quick.
                            The T?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                              The T?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Some call it a T....some call it a Y.......some call it a star..some call it a mercedes emblem..

Comment

Working...
                              X