The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philemone View Post
    Spec’s on Brodie in Austin is sitting on 6 cases of Eagle Rare for $24.99 cash.

Much appreciated good sir! The south location told me they don’t plan to see it until spring time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I still have a bottle of Black Maple Hill (KY) I’d be willing to barter.

Comment

Originally posted by Philemone View Post
        Spec’s on Brodie in Austin is sitting on 6 cases of Eagle Rare for $24.99 cash.

Mmmmm.... Rowan’s Creek!!

Comment

Yellow Rose Blended Whiskey Crafted Right Here In The LONE STAR STATE!

Comment

Group Photo

Comment

My uncle wants to try some Texas Bourbon. Do y’all have any recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

If you can find it, Red River is some really good Bourbon.
                Made in Carrollton Tx.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

TX, Balcones, Garrison Bros, Red River, Silver Star

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                    TX, Balcones, Garrison Bros, Red River, Silver Star
                    Silver Star is not a bourbon, and Red River is sourced from out state and put in a cool Texas type bottle. Ranger Creek (San Antonio) age their own barrels. .36 is good.

Comment

Anyone seen Weller 12 black label lately? Been a while since I’ve found it. Blanton’s has been easier to find.

Comment

Where can you find Blantons, i don't see it around my neck of the woods. I'm stuck with Fighting Cock and Old Crow!!!

Comment

Red River is sourced from out state and put in a cool Texas type bottle.

For real? I'm heart broke :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post
                            Red River is sourced from out state and put in a cool Texas type bottle.

For real? I'm heart broke :-(

I have posted it before, if you are looking for a sort of "quality control" stamp on a bottle you are thinking about, look for two phrases "Distilled and Bottled by_________" or "Bottle in Bond". Some will go as far as "Distilled, Aged, and Bottled by_______". The Bottle in Bond stamp, is the Eagle Scout of the bourbon world. It has the most standards in accordance to law that have to be satisfied before it can be called BIB.

Sourced bourbons use words like "Produced and Bottled by_____" They can't use the former because they don't actually make it. There are only 3 or 4 real Texas Bourbons where they control the product grain to glass as they say.

I know it stinks when you find out one you like is sourced. I am a good label reader but I have been burned a couple of times not paying close attention. But I am in the minority where that matters, most people drink what they like and don't care where it came from. Neither of which is wrong, just personal preference.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJGvQu0WzNY"]Bottled-In-Bond with Bernie Lubbers - YouTube[/ame]
                            Last edited by .270; 12-19-2017, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Rebecca Creek, Longhorn and TX are my favorites. I wanted to try the new stuff made in Waco(Balcones) but the price was too steep for a trial run.

Comment

Thanks for the lesson .270
                                I suppose I'll still drink it because I like the taste but now I've lost the Texas pride that came with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X