mexico bow buck story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mexico bow buck story

After getting past the border we arrived at the ranch friday greeted by a light drizzle making it really sticky and muddy. i am the only bow hunter on a ranch with 4 other rifle hunters so after i got there i jumped in the top drive and drove over to a spot where there is a four way in the senderos after brushing in my double bull i hit the tail gate feeder and corned the area within 20 yards of my setup and the drove back to the house to have a bite to eat and get dressed to go sit the rest of the day. when i got back to my setup all the corn was gone! it had only been 20 min so i got my buddy to drive by in the his top drive and re corn my spot not 20 min after he corned me up i had 4 does come in. this was around 1pm by 1:30 i had over 20 deer at my setup including one very nice but young 12pt that would score around 150py after watching several deer filter in and out i heard a grunt and the 12pt bristled up i looked over and here came this even bigger 12pt he came in a ran off the younger buck at stoped broadside at 21 yards after looking him over i decided its now or never. I got my bowtech extreme vft up and sent a wac'em tiped beman his way. he ran about 15 yards and just stood there i thought i missed!!! then i noticed the blood runing down his leg but he was still standing there! he stood there for a full 3 mins which felt like 3 hours to me and then just fell over!

Very nice. Where in Mexico are you hunting?

Sat out this season and I sure miss being in the top drive down there...

Comment

Awesome bow buck!!! Hope to see him show up on Los Cazadores and Angadi soon.

Comment

Great buck. Congrats

Comment

Great buck. Congrats. His rack is huge.

Comment

Good story!! Amazing deer!!

Comment

Very nice. State ? Couh, NL, or Tamps ?

Comment

Congrats on a great buck

Comment

Congrats! That is a great buck. The first day and first hunt makes it a great rest of the stay!

Comment

Sweet buck! Congrats!

Comment

Not sure if I could get the strength to pull my bow back if that walked out.Nice buck

Comment

Dang that's a great buck!! Congrats!! What's a top drive??

Comment

Awesome buck congrats on safe return.

Comment

Great buck. Awesome.

Top Drive is a Hunting truck with a Highrack on the top and a person can drive the truck from up top and not in the cab of the truck.

Comment

man thats a beast. congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X