Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Daddy Longlegs bite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not gonna say no, but they have never bitten me, and I have never heard of anyone getting bit either.

Comment

No because they don’t have the means. Having said that, supposedly if they could, they would be highly deadly.

Comment

They are one of the worlds most deadly spider bites. Venom is very very lethal. However, they're mouths are so small, they can not bite a human. Fleas are a favorite food. But will eat other similar sized insects.

Comment

All spiders are carnivores. The web says no they do not bite humans. I would not put one in my mouth...............

Comment

I don't think they do. But I'd say you need to go ahead and pick up some bug spray. They're over populated in your vicinity.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              They are one of the worlds most deadly spider bites. Venom is very very lethal. However, they're mouths are so small, they can not bite a human. Fleas are a favorite food. But will eat other similar sized insects.
              Except they are not spiders at all...

Comment

They are not even spiders. And they have no fangs or venom glands. They are perfectly safe to handle.

So, OP...no, they won’t bite you.

Comment

Now you fellers are gonna make me go read up on them . I woulda swore I watched a documentary on them at one point in my life.

Comment

Somebody has daddy issues.
                    Grand daddy issues.

Comment

To the OP, thanks for bringing this up about granddaddy longlegs. I did a little research on it. And stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust
                        Texansfan said they are venomous as well as poisonous......and he'll whoop anyone's stupid arse that says different.
                        Yea he did, even put a $100 bill on the bet too

Comment

To the OP, thanks for bringing this up about granddaddy longlegs. I did a little research on it. And stand corrected.
                          Same here

Comment

They're not venomous or poisonous.....

Comment

If someone hasn’t mentioned it, they have some of the most potent venom in North America but their fangs are so small that they rarely pose a danger to humans.

Wait, that’s the Coral Snake......

Comment

Working...
                              X