Beaver tail leather.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beaver tail leather.

Has anyone made a finger tab using beaver tail leather ? I tanned a tail hide several years ago and forgot all about it. Remembered i had it this weekend and was thinking of trying to make some finger tabs for my bow. Its pretty sturdy leather.

I’ve heard of leather grips made out of beaver tail, but not seen any tabs. Make one and give us a report on how it shoots.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      I’ve heard of leather grips made out of beaver tail, but not seen any tabs. Make one and give us a report on how it shoots.

Bisch

I think I will, my leather working tools hasn't made the trip from Texas yet but one more trip and I'll have it here. I'll get one made and see how it goes and get back to you.

Comment

That sounds awesome!

Comment

They make wallets out of them, a tab should be good . Looking forward to the outcome also.

Comment

Post pictures when you get it done.

I have beaver tail grips, side plates and rests on my recurve and long bows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never messed with beaver tail leather but it looks too grainy for a smooth release. I'd like to see the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                I've never messed with beaver tail leather but it looks too grainy for a smooth release. I'd like to see the results.

That is kinda my thought too! It is not smooth like some other leathers, and as such, may not be quite as good. Only trying it to see will tell though.

Bisch

Comment

It makes a nice looking strike plate and shelf. It’s really durable. Big Jim has in stock and if you like leather grips it looks sharp.

Comment

Working...
                  X