Sling TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sling TV

How many here use it? Do you have unlimited internet usage as a result or do some use it with a capped GB usage plan? Wife & I have discussed it as an option. What’s the green screen say? Thx

Sling TV

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
    How many here use it? Do you have unlimited internet usage as a result or do some use it with a capped GB usage plan? Wife & I have discussed it as an option. What’s the green screen say? Thx

I did and it worked most of the time just not when I really wanted to sit down and watch something. Could have been due to my internet connection at the time thru AT&T Uverse which was plenty of gigs. Just not a great a connection. Got rid of both in lieu of Xfinity and haven’t looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just got Sling and so far so good.

Comment

Do you guys have unlimited internet plans or can get by on capped usage plans?

Comment

We have it... works good! Im not sure of the plan I think its unlimited like our internet data

Comment

Do you guys have unlimited internet plans or can get by on capped usage plans?
            I think it really depends how much you actually use it and stream. We started out with 250GB but exceeded that the first month. I made the switch to unlimited and so far so good. I think I pay $60/mo for unlimited? This is through Suddenlink here in Tyler.

This usage is based on a stay at home Mom and a 3 year old who’s at home all day every day, so the tv is usually on all the time. Plus my wife would just go turn the tv off and not actually turn our box off which resulted in unnecessary streaming over night.

Other than that, I really like it. Never had any problems out of it and I get to watch pretty much anything I would care to watch.

I will say the only downfall is Sling in the Tyler area does not broadcast local channels (ABC, NBC, CBS) so in order to catch all the games (Rangers/Cowboys) I bought a $40 HD antenna to install in the attic and it does a great job. You can’t pause or rewind, but that’s not a deal breaker for me.

I think suddenlink give you a free pass or two over overage data, so I’d start with a smaller data plan and go from there. Whether you go over or not, call them at the end of the billing cycle and they’ll tell you how much ata you are using and you can plan accordingly.

I don’t miss Suddenlink cable one bit.

Comment

I’m using it right now. I got it so I can watch the hunting channels, not sure what internet package my girlfriend has, but I do know it’s the cheapest one xfinity has and I don’t have any issues

Comment

didn't use sling. Found that playstation Vue was a better deal in my case. Cost was a bit more but it included alot more channels. I used the lease address when I signed up to get a cheaper price without local stations. Used antennae for the local channels and a Tivo to record any of the local channels off antenna that I wanted. Worked out great.
                Oh, and BTW, I did have unlimited internet.

Comment

Do you guys have unlimited internet plans or can get by on capped usage plan
                  I never saw capped usage in a home internet setup. In any case, we run Sling off the WiFi, not a direct plugin.

Comment

Working...
                  X