Benbrook Lake 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whiskey Hunter View Post
    Has anyone done any Spring Turkey hunting on Benbrook this year?
    not yet, how about you?

Comment

I wasn't able to get a permit this year, missed the deadline unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
        not yet, how about you?

Call me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

got drawn but my job kept me from hunting all but one day. Didn't see any but we did hear a few.

Comment

I was wondering if anyone knows how many permits they award for each hunt? Also, do they publish the success reports online like they do for lake Whitney hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by stanton-77 View Post
              I was wondering if anyone knows how many permits they award for each hunt? Also, do they publish the success reports online like they do for lake Whitney hunting?

No publication of success rate. 15 permits per hunt. At one point not long ago, they were getting about 2,000 applications per year. That's just the number of applications, not the number of hunters applying per year.

Yall will have a better chance this year . I'm not putting in for this one this year.
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-04-2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

10 hunt periods, 20 hunters per = 200 total hunters

Comment

Dingdong!

Comment

The amount of huntable land decreases every year. Talking to the ranger, he said another 600 acs. has been taken away. Pretty soon, they’ll be no hunting there.

Duck hunting is no longer allowed on the banks and shores, either. Have to be in the water like at Grapevine

Comment

Boooo!!!!!

Comment

If I manage to find a map around here some where, of the way it used to be, I'll post it. Lots of it gone.

But I have some great memories from out there. Some of the best were while duck, quail, and dove hunting.

Comment

Hopefully we can get some of it back.

If they can have archery deer hunts in the Northeast on college campuses to help manage the deer population, then you can have deer hunts right next to urban areas without incident as far as I’m concerned. Because at Benbrook it’s not the hunters I’ve had issues with, but some of the strange character locals.

Heck, during turkey season there was a group of people LIVING in the woods at longhorn. They had a Jon boat they’d go back and forth on with a whole tent camp site you could see from the boat ramp.

This sort of thing is exactly why I’m such a big advocate for Backcountry Hunters and Anglers. There is a Texas chapter btw, and it’s starting to become more active. Unfortunately the squeaky wheel gets the oil in our society and hunters aren’t really the type of people prone to squeaking. Development will eventually crowd out Benbrook, but it hasn’t yet. I don’t see any reason to keep closing areas and cut off our nose in the present for what the future will eventually bring.

Comment

Is there anyone who will be able and willing to post the draw results this weekend/Monday?

Pretty please!

Comment

bump. Todays the day.

Comment

It’s not today. Just called. It will later in the week.

BTW, the new map is out. The hunting land has yet again decreased by 600 acres.

Comment

Working...
                                X