No announcement yet.

Welfare reform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when I was young my parents on a grocery store. Lady tried to buy cat food. Told her you cant buy pet food with food stamps. She went back and got tuna, said her cats like that better any way

Comment

The USDA published nutrition guidelines for adults and children. Participants and their dependants should receive a box once a week with enough food to meet these requirements for the week along with a book of recipes. No debit card, no check. If you want discretionary income to buy your choice of food then get a job.

Forget having the .gov administer it. Put the guidelines in place and put it out to bid, I bet Amazon could deliver better food than is being purchased by the individuals for half of what we currently spend on SNAP.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
        The USDA published nutrition guidelines for adults and children. Participants and their dependants should receive a box once a week with enough food to meet these requirements for the week along with a book of recipes. No debit card, no check. If you want discretionary income to buy your choice of food then get a job.

Forget having the .gov administer it. Put the guidelines in place and put it out to bid, I bet Amazon could deliver better food than is being purchased by the individuals for half of what we currently spend on SNAP.
        100% agree on this

Comment

I will preface with I know there are some families that need help with food purchases, but when I was a kid, being on food stamps was looked down upon. Now it seems to be normal and brag about how much some can get for "free" from the government. As a teenager I worked in a grocery store. People had separate cards for eggs, milk, and cheese. They also had paper vouchers for remaining food that was covered and had to pay cash for the remaining.
          Welfare programs were meant to be a helping hand to get by until you could find another job, not permanent income.

Comment

This is how it should be.

Comment

X2

The majority of people have no issue with helping others in need. Bottom line, people on welfare shouldn't eat better than people that aren't.

I've got no problem with people in need being about to obtain basic essentials for little to no cost; i.e. rice, beans, flour, bread, milk, eggs, veggies, etc. You can live off those items; but it wouldn't motivate you to stay that way. People shouldn't be able to use a Loanstar card for steaks, processed foods, junk food, chips, etc.

The system is all messed up and the above mail type delivery would solve many issues.

Comment

Ex president's people and gov relying folks will riot in the streets if it ever goes back to how it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                  I will preface with I know there are some families that need help with food purchases, but when I was a kid, being on food stamps was looked down upon. Now it seems to be normal and brag about how much some can get for "free" from the government. As a teenager I worked in a grocery store. People had separate cards for eggs, milk, and cheese. They also had paper vouchers for remaining food that was covered and had to pay cash for the remaining.
                  Welfare programs were meant to be a helping hand to get by until you could find another job, not permanent income.
                  i grew up working in a grocery store and the reason the "Lonestar card" was brought about was because families would send in 3 or 4 (or 5 or 6) kids with a $1 paper food stamp and the kid would buy 1 piece of candy, getting $0.60-75 back, then momma would come in and buy a pack of Dorals with $3 in change, or daddy and his Milwaukee's Best 40oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    Obviously welfare reform needs to happen, hopefully this is the first step in the process. I don't understand how with unemployment at an all time low this country still spend so much on welfare. Let's start by seeking out fraudulent abusers of the system and banning them from ever receiving a single penny from any and all government assistance. I know it's a dream but it is what needs to happen.
                    The way I understand it, the issue with unemployment figures is that unemployment only take some into consideration those without a job that are actively seeking employment. That number may decrease, but the amount of welfare recipients does not necessarily directly correlate to unemployment figures.

Comment

Love Trump and any new ideas. We need change and to look at every program in a new way!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        Ex president's people and gov relying folks will riot in the streets if it ever goes back to how it should be
                        Let em riot, when they wear themselves out and go home there will be a box of food on their porch

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          Are you saying only black people use snap, lonestar, etc?

I see plenty of every race using it.

Comment

Sounds good... also skeptical.

Comment

Welfare reform

Right now is the perfect time to start gutting the program. We are slap in the middle of a labor crisis, any able-bodied soul without a job right now should have any benefits cut 100% tomorrow. I could hire three people today but I can't get anyone to show up and fill out an application for less than $14 an hour.

It makes my blood boil to stand in line at Walmart behind some disgusting pig that weighs 350, dragging four fat kids around, pushing a buggy full of Dr Pepper and Doritos, and pay for it all on that EBT card or whatever it is.

Mandatory birth control would be a great place to start…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                                Are you saying only black people use snap, lonestar, etc?

I see plenty of every race using it.
                                He may be referring to those who voted for Obama, then again it may been a slight to blacks. I see plenty of all races using it too.

I don’t care if people use it, it’s the abuse and dependency that gets me.

The other side of this argument is if the private sector non profits were taking care of their communities and meeting needs there would be no cause for the gov’t to be in the welfare business

Comment

Working...
                                X