No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see the deer come in to the campsite and eat my corn.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
      Nice to see the deer come in to the campsite and eat my corn.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	shhhh.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	24513358

Your going to spoil my secret hunting spot.

Comment

Getting antsy and trying to find things to occupy my mind before I can start hunting to fill the freezer. Took my first run at fletching arrows today. Think they turned out pretty good. Put in a half dollar group of three from 20 yards right before dark. Blazer vanes and Bohning American Flag wraps.
        Attached Files

Comment

About to screw some Reapers into some shafts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
            Getting antsy and trying to find things to occupy my mind before I can start hunting to fill the freezer. Took my first run at fletching arrows today. Think they turned out pretty good. Put in a half dollar group of three from 20 yards right before dark. Blazer vanes and Bohning American Flag wraps.
            Looks good.
            I just switched quiver and reloaded ready to roll..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Howdy brothers and sisters. I am new to this side of the forum but wanted to wish everyone luck for the opener. I've been scouting the lakes pretty hard the past couple of months and I am excited to say the least. Last weekend I saw some nice does and a couple Giant Turkeys. Ten years now with a bow and I have yet to harvest a deer. Although the wait might be over because I think this is the year! Again, Good luck to everyone and stay safe.

Who else plans on being in the stand entirely to early?

Comment

Is 3AM to early?
                I have done that just to secure a spot and beat everyone in the woods. Then just sleep there in the tree till daylight.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

But I won't be hunting Saturday. Got house chores to do that day when I get home from Storms BBQ.

Comment

Hey everyone, I've been following this thread for awhile but this is my first time posting here. This is only my third year hunting on public but I've hunted the area since 2008. I have high hopes for this season but the hogs are bad where I'm hunting so we'll see. Good luck to everyone this season.

Comment

Got work!
                      Going to miss you all on opening day, especially Storm's BBQ ��

Comment

It will probably be towards the end of the season before I can get out an around ! I wish all y’all a awesome opener an a great safe season aim small miss small can’t wait to hear an see the stories!!!!

Comment

Good luck to everyone tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            Is 3AM to early?
                            I have done that just to secure a spot and beat everyone in the woods. Then just sleep there in the tree till daylight.

I plan on being at the gate no later than 3.

Looks like the weather will be nice just need the deer and the hunters that will be pushing them to cooperate

Comment

Sorry I missed the BBQ, was looking forward to meeting some of the folks from here. Was taking my final practice shots before finalizing my pack and my string snapped on release. This was my fist scary moment with a bow. I have been working hard to watch my arrows on follow through and this helped me get a great view of the string breaking right where my peep sight was.

Will write a separate post on this, but I am extremely greatful to the folks at Cinnamon Creek had a string at the shop and were able to quickly get me set back up. Had just enough time to get my sights back on and regain a little of the confidence I had built up with all of the practice I put in. Just now got back to the house to finish my prep for tomorrow morning. If you see someone sleeping in a tree it may be me...

good luck and SAFE hunting to all.

Comment

Briquettes sure were good Storm! Beans, sausage, pulled pork, tator salad, was too.

Comment

Working...
                                X