No announcement yet.

SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I plan on doing some hunting there this season. Any suggestions on what NOT to do or where NOT to go? I might have my son with me and just don't want to get him into anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
      I plan on doing some hunting there this season. Any suggestions on what NOT to do or where NOT to go? I might have my son with me and just don't want to get him into anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
      Not to be generic but there's tons of info in the many threads of years past. Not too much on locations though. The only thing I can suggest is not to be out there with the crazies on opening weekend of gun season. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
        Not to be generic but there's tons of info in the many threads of years past. Not too much on locations though. The only thing I can suggest is not to be out there with the crazies on opening weekend of gun season. Good luck.
        Somebody post HRE's infamous SHNF etiquette comment. That's pretty much all anyone needs to know.

On a related note, is anyone else ready for deer season? 3 more months...

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          On a related note, is anyone else ready for deer season? 3 more months...
          Ummmm duh! I'm almost out of meat from my two last year.

Comment

How many of you guys hunt the small, isolated patches of the forest? Went and hiked a trail in one of these areas over the weekend, saw a doe and quite a bit of sign. Part of me thinks that spot may be overlooked and part of me thinks you would be rubbing elbows with people.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
              How many of you guys hunt the small, isolated patches of the forest? Went and hiked a trail in one of these areas over the weekend, saw a doe and quite a bit of sign. Part of me thinks that spot may be overlooked and part of me thinks you would be rubbing elbows with people.
              That's the bad part about the Sam. You just never know. I've been fooled plenty of times.

Comment

My buddy shot this sow Wednesday morning in the Sam.
                We got there early he walked the pipeline and I walked the opposite side, [IMG][/IMG]five minutes later I heard the shot.

Comment

That's awesome Ray!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

That is Awesome; Congrats and way to earn it the tough way!

Comment

Any issues with the meat spoiling? I've heard you've got to get those things on ice PDQ.

Comment

We put it on ice right away .he did a pretty fast job and we had ice in the ice chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
                          We put it on ice right away .he did a pretty fast job and we had ice in the ice chest.
                          Gotcha. Congrats to your buddy on a great meat hog.

Comment

I know this is a public hunting forum but wanted to see if any of y'all might have a need for 3 FREE feeder legs? These are the sectional kind from Moultrie. They've been sitting in a box in my garage and never used. And did I mention they're free?

Comment

John, I might take them off your hands.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I did a ton of hiking and put up a couple trail cameras saturday. Ill go back down and check them in a month and reevaluate. Hoping to get an idea of what bucks are in the area and how deer are using the funnels I found. Itll be fun to watch them for the next three months.

Comment

Working...
                                X