Wind damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carbon poison View Post
    congrats on the house, sorry for the damage, could have always been worse.
    ^^^ x2

Comment

man that is Horrible timing

Comment

that sux dude, congrats on your first home none the less

Comment

Originally posted by avidhunter75 View Post
          You shouldn't have to come out of your pocket for the deductible unless you have more than 1%. I'm in the roofing business up in DFW and I can answer any questions you might have about your claim. Shoot me a pm if ya need my number.
          Who's going to pay for his deductible then? You know its illegal to pay some ones deductible right?

If you charge the customer less you would have to charge the insurance company more in order for him to recieve his full depreciation amount. Thats called a felony.

There are some rare occassions on new roofs or homes where the depreciation check is not needed but the fact is that the deductible still has to be paid by the customer.

Most people don't know that alot of roofing companies are charging their insurance company the full amount after giving them a"good deal" there for tieing their company and there customer into a felony count of insurance fraud. I know it happens all the time but the good ole hay days of getting deductibles paid for is about to come to an end. Several roofers just went to jail last week for this. If the customer can't prove they paid their deductible then they are tied into the fraud as well.

Comment

What Russ said! You are going to get a check minus any depreciation and deductible and when things are fixed, then you can get the depreciation back, but not until everything is fixed.

Comment

I know how you feel. I bought my home and 3 weeks later Hurricane Ike showed up.
              42K worth of damage. Mine was beneficial though. Some remodeling was going to have to be done in 5-10 years, but Ike went ahead and took care of it

Comment

Hard luck on your new home, but I like your clear-eyed attitude about it.

This, too, shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  What Russ said! You are going to get a check minus any depreciation and deductible and when things are fixed, then you can get the depreciation back, but not until everything is fixed.
                  What people don't get is that a tradesman paying their deductible is illegal.

Lets say your first check is $10,000
                  Once you get all the work done you get another check for $5,000
                  When a roofer comes in and says he will only charge $12,000 so you can apply the other $3,000 towards the deductible he is lieing.

Insurance people are smart and greedy. No way are they just going to give you extra money to pay your own deductible.
                  When a roofer bills your insurance company if he bids the job less than the total claim then that second check called the depreciation check will just be less.

So what does the tradesman do to get this money illegally? He lies to the insurance company saying he charged you $15,000 so you get your full check. Therefore tieing both you and himself into a felony account of insurance fraud.

Insurance companies, distributors,and roofers are all suppose to be on the same page as far as priceing goes for insurance claims. One insurance company doesn't pay more than the next per sq of shingles. If they charge the customer less, then they are suppose to bill the insurance company less, therefore reducing the amount of the customers second check(depreciation)

Comment

Originally posted by avidhunter75 View Post
                    You shouldn't have to come out of your pocket for the deductible unless you have more than 1%. I'm in the roofing business up in DFW and I can answer any questions you might have about your claim. Shoot me a pm if ya need my number.
                    wow.

you should probably avoid using the word "business"

goofballs like you, who give away deductibles are partly why everyone's insurance premiums are so high.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                      wow.

you should probably avoid using the word "business"

goofballs like you, who give away deductibles are partly why everyone's insurance premiums are so high.
                      Guys that are cheating the system are the ones making it difficult for the rest of us REAL business owners and like you said, making our insurance premiums go up. The law is getting more and more strict though. Alot of these yahoos wont be in business much longer.

Comment

sorry, but least its standing, congrats.

Comment

You also have interior damage. It looks as though you'll need drywall repairs, some insulation replacement and painting. You can do some or all of these repairs yourself which will help with not having to pay your deductible out of pocket.

Comment

Good grief, did I say I was going to pay it for him?? Guess i should have clarified a lil more. And you guys that are so quick to jump on someone and start calling names need to slow your roll and get off your high horse, i was just making a comment and trying to help a guy out in a bad situation by offering advice, so get the hell off my back.

Comment

so could you explain to us who don't understand just how the 1% gets paid if the insured doesn't pay it?

I'm so confused.....

It appears that you're a contractor -- unless you are a licensed public adjuster, helping out with "your claim" isn't part of your job description.

Crossing that line will get you in a not-so-nice conversation with the DOI.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                                so could you explain to us who don't understand just how the 1% gets paid if the insured doesn't pay it?

I'm so confused.....

It appears that you're a contractor -- unless you are a licensed public adjuster, helping out with "your claim" isn't part of your job description.

Crossing that line will get you in a not-so-nice conversation with the DOI.
                                Why are you worried about me? I was merely trying to help him out (you know, the GS way) if he had any questions or needed any advice with his stuff and all you can do is try and jump on me??? Go worry about something/someone else

Comment

Working...
                                X