Venison Hamburgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venison Hamburgers

Nothing new to any of Y'all probably but Just thought I'd share my effort.

I ran four slices of bacon through my meat grinder and added it to about a pound of ground venison along with a healthy dose of salt, fresh ground black pepper and garlic powder.
    Since it was too cold to be outside tending the grill I got my stovetop cast iron griddle (ridges side up) piping hot and cooked them to about 135 degrees. Turned them 45 halfway through each side for that nice crosshatched look.

Came out juicy and delicious.

I served them to a friend who eats venison frequently but he assumed it was beef.

[ATTACH]RnVwzZ5x[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

Comment

They look great

Comment

Those are good looking burgers Art

Comment

Yes, i put bacon pieces on my venison burgers also, and good them in the skillet. Great taste

Comment

i am picking up my sons doe from the processor today, i've got 10lbs of bacon burger coming and cant wait to try it.

those look great

Comment

I had a good breakfast and im hungry again now thanks!!

Comment

We are having Bacon Burgers made out of my sons management buck....I can't wait now!

Comment

How are you keeping your venison burgers together and keep their shape? Mine always seem to fall apart.

Looks great! Going to do some of these this weekend.

Comment

I always add some pan sausage to my ground venision burgers, it keeps it from falling apart.

Comment

Straight venison can be hard to get them to stick together.

I typically only use straight venison for ground meat recipes (tacos, spaghetti, etc) and have the rest made with bacon mixed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

When I grind them with a couple strips of Bacon I then run a slice of bread through the grinder to flush it out and I let a little of that get in the meat I think that helps too.

Comment

Looks awesome and not much beats a good bacon burger!
                          We go 2 pounds of bacon to every 10 pounds of deer meat add some course ground black pepper and call it good.

Comment

We mix a little straight beef fat into our burger. We used to add a brisket, but who can afford that these days? We did use some bacon ends in some bear/venison sausage recently and it was amazing! But we haven't tried it in burger yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Coachs Wife View Post
                              We mix a little straight beef fat into our burger. We used to add a brisket, but who can afford that these days? We did use some bacon ends in some bear/venison sausage recently and it was amazing! But we haven't tried it in burger yet.
                              I use bacon ends often.

Comment

Working...
                              X