Mr. Crabs Last Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Crabs Last Day

Haven't hunted hard with the bow in about 5 years due to the twins being born. Been busy busy. Anyway this year I got the Tractor and shredder out and went deep down into the woods with it and made me a little bird nest to see what could happen. Got done clearing me a spot at 4:30 pm on a hot August day and put up a camera with a little corn. I went over the next day to think about where to hang a stand and said well I'll just check the cam while I'm here and there was already pics of nice bucks within 24 hours. One buck really stood out and I said I'll just call you Mr. Crabs. I've had some really ****ty neighbors over the last few years and said to myself I'm not gonna let them get this one! Anyway long story short I've been just hunting Sat and Sun mornings since season started due to the wife's photography sessions in the evenings. Been watching the deer movement since opening weekend and saw one nice buck that I call PieBall opening weekend. The next weekend on Sunday I saw Mr. Crabs but he was across the creek about 60 yards away where I've been seeing most of the movement under some big oaks dropping tons of acorns. So that Sunday evening I said I'm bout to move shop right on the creek and it's either gonna be golden or a disaster but it's worth a shot. So Yest morning in the new setup nothing but a coyote rolls though maybe why I did not see a deer. This morning I get up and just took a long time to get going and I got to my place walking through the meadow getting light thinking I'm late. I get into the woods get everything situated and knocked and ready. Get my rangefinder out start scanning a few things just as a reminder and as I look to my left to range Mr. Crabs jumps across the creek at 28 yards. I get the bow up and come to full draw and smoked him. He ran to the North behind a big Falling over tree and I heard him crash. I said I'll wait a few and just get out and head South cause with the big tree he can't see anything. So I get down and as I do I can see a white belly 50 yards from the big tree! Thanks for reading and here's first pic I got of him and his LDP!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6222.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	24596038Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6383.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	24596039Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6385.jpg
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	24596040Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6391.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	24596041

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cograts, looking for the picture

Comment

I don't see a pic, but sounds like a great hunt! Now I see him, congratulations!

Comment

Awesome buck congratulations

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats on a very nice buck!

Comment

**** nice! I like those beams!

Congrats!

Comment