No announcement yet.

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great buck!! Fiddy will be there next year for you to hunt. I really enjoy your stories and your knowledge of your bucks. I am trying to implement some of the things you are doing in my setups. Thank you and please keep the stories coming. It seem that I learn something from each one.

Comment

Big congrats Steve. Glad to see you back in the game and taking a break from guiding.

Comment

DROP SHOT

In 2014, i had a fine two or three year old throw a drop tine.. thats really unusual for us. I put him off limits but it didnt matter anyway since the only time he was seen all year was one sit when he chased a doe in on Dad and I. Tons of night pics but he stayed hid. Man he had potential. .

I couldnt wait to see him the next year but sadly, in the summer of 2015 he was sick. I didnt know if he would make it but he did. he grew a small rack and moved the drop up to a kicker on his G2. we never laid eyes on him during season in 15.

In 2016, he looked health but his antlers were still suppressed. Never seen by us though tons of night pics.

This year he was a little better horn wise and a big ol stud of a deer. He kept the little odd kicker again. He had good genetics but his horns never caught up from his adversity a few years ago. He was on camera every night but never in daylight. i put him on the kill list along with several other mature 8pts and figured he would make a good kid deer but doubted he would ever be seen.

Opening day of youth season found Lil David( My nephew) and i sitting a stand.. It was a perfect Oct evening and we were covered in does and small bucks. I had two studs coming to the stand and David was excited. About 530, every deer there looked South before scattering! Get ready! Sure enough, out strolls an obviously mature buck. I took one look and knew it was DropShot. I was shocked as this was only the second sighting of that deer since 2014.

I told David to shoot him. Now David was hesitant as we had some much bigger deer around. We watched him push does around a little while and i told David he was crazy not to shoot that old deer. He was watching through the scope and my remark triggered a loud BOOM from the 280. 100yds and dead buck.

The deer was never a giant but man he could have been had he not gotten sick. He had a huge mass of scar tissue inside his lower ribcage. Im not sure what caused it but it was likely from the sickness/injury that almost killed him.. otherwise, he was fat and a very healthy looking stud.

Trophy isnt always dictated by score! Congrats Lil David!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by GarGuy; 01-16-2018, 11:08 AM.

Comment

There needs to be a locked thread for the OP to post his stories without having to wade through everyone elses 15 minutes to read them.

Comment

Ill write up a few more over the next few days.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              Ill write up a few more over the next few days.
              5 more days and 2 more counties Steve

Comment

Congrats to Lil David.. That boy is growing like a weed!!!

Comment

Pretty obvious akern's don't fall too far from the tree! Congratulations to Li'l David! Guide ain't half bad neither!

Comment

In for more stories.

Comment

Beautiful buck, Steve! and congrats to Lil David on getting DropShot as well

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                        In for more stories.
                        You may have to fill in Steve, GarGuy hasn't been able to log in to TBH. He is hoping he hasn't been banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                          You may have to fill in Steve, GarGuy hasn't been able to log in to TBH. He is hoping he hasn't been banned.
                          Thats odd. His profile doesn’t show he’s banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            Thats odd. His profile doesn’t show he’s banned.
                            10-4, he been trying to log in for the last week with no success.

Comment

This is gettin' SERIOUS!! We need to get a MOD/Administrator to FIX THIS!!

Comment

I havent been able to log on for almost three weeks. i sent several messages to Admin and even asked other members to send messages for me but never heard what was going on. this morning, I was able to log in just fine so something got fixed I guess. ill write up a couple stories..

Comment

Working...
                                X