Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranger 900XP EPS.

Comment

I have had both the Rhino and a Ranger Crew and alot of experience with the TransMule. If I were to buy another one it would be another Ranger Crew. Just no comparison in my opinion when it comes you capacity, capability, and comfort. That being said, I don't see myself ever owning another UTV since I have figured out you are getting hosed from a money standpoint.

I bought a mint 2001 Jeep Cherokee last year with 120,000 miles on it for $4000. I spent right at $2.5k on a 4.5" lift, tires, wheel, and lockers. I have heat/AC, drive it 6hrs back and forth from the lease getting 15mpg, can haul 5 guys and go just about anywhere a mule/Ranger will go.

So, to the OP's question, I'd vote Ranger, but unless you are going to be buying something specifically for "playing" I think you (like I was) are a fool to buy a new UTV for hunting.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ive got over 3,000 miles on my Rangers factory belt with no signs of wearing out anytime soon (nock on wood). I use low range when necessary.

If I ever replace the Ranger I will consider the newly redesigned Mule, Yamaha and Honda.

Comment

As far as UTVs go I don't think there is really anyone competing with Ranger right now.

I looked at pretty much every brand when I bought a new one this last time including rhino, john deere, etc and bought a ranger 900 crew. Its a beast and I made the right decision.

Good luck.

Comment

I've got a 2007 rhino, have done nothing but change the oil, and its got around 3500 miles. can't complain about that.

Comment

Gator! Friend has the 4 seater with hydraulic dump bed. That thing has extremely smooth suspension.

Comment

my 1967 international scout 800

Comment

Originally posted by TexaswBOWhunter View Post
                  I was faced with the same decision about 3 years ago and after looking at all the UTV's on the market and doing the research..... I decided that I could buy a real nice Jeep/Scout/Etc. for about half the price of a UTV....

This is what I bought and I have half the money in it than I would have the Ranger I was looking at.... It has Heat, A/C, Windshield, Doors to boot....
                  This guy has life figured out. I paid 4,000 for my Jeep, it has far more power than any ranger, can go anywhere a ranger can, and I can drive it down the highway with the A/C blowing! Nothing against them, all of my friends have a ranger but I'll stick with my Jeep.

Comment

Working...
                  X