Coon Trap by "BOSS BUCK"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wilded View Post
    I had two of the Duke traps and 12 of the little grizz. I have found the Dukes got robbed more often so I sold them.

I did notice last night setting both styles of trap (the boss buck trap is the same design as the Duke) the Little Grizz does indeed press the bait tight against the back of the pipe making it harder to get out.

Comment

I just ordered 2 from Bossbuck ,Pretty darn good idea.

Comment

what are ya'll anchoring these down with? i ordered 6 from kaatxbro and heading to the ranch this weekend. i was wondering what ya'll used, i have some ideas of what to use but don't want them running off with the traps. Thanks againg for the lead on the website i will post some pics if i'm successful this weekend.

Comment

I stake my with cable trapping anchors or 16 inch rebar with a nut and washer welded on top. You can also use bailing wire or similar doubled and tied to a log or post or heavy drag. I recommend the cable trapping anchors.
          http://www.fntpost.com/Products/Berk...5+Cable+(Dozen)

Comment

It's hard to beat the HD Berks for trap anchors.

Coon don't actually try to chew thier foot off to get out of a trap. When caught in a foothold trap, any part of thier foot or leg that is below the jaws of the trap loose blood circulation and goes numb. Coon will naturally chew on the trap, and anything attatched to it including thier numbed foot wich they now can't feel. That's why you don't see them trying to chew out of the Dop Proof traps that are talked about above. Any coon trapping I do with footholds I try to use a smaller trap like a #1 that doesn't have much room under the jaws. I also run alot of my traps on drowning wires, and that cuts down on loss as well, plus I don't have to dispatch them. I know alot of guys that run some of the bigger footholds that weld chew gaurds below the jaws. Any mods you make like this, you have to make sure they don't interfer with the springs, spring levers, or the pan of the trap.

Comment

Man I dunno why but I always feel bad for the coons stuck in the traps. Don't get me wrong I'll shoot'em off the feeder poles, guess I'm just a little weird and got a soft spot for mischievous critters. Judging by some of the feeder pics I've seen on this site though some of yall dang well NEED these traps. LOL

Comment

Can someone with the boss buck traps show me a pick of it set?

Comment

i just ordered a few for some of these dudes
                  Attached Files

Comment

Curious to see how you set this thing

Comment

Deerfeeder I thought you we're with Boss Buck co? my bad
                      Isn't Ultramatic a sponsor on here?
                      Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 05-05-2009, 04:55 PM.

Comment

I have got to try this. I have been fighting raccoon investation for a couple years. We shot over 100 late summer fall of 2007 and a bunch more in 2008, but I still have as many as 10-15 under on occasion.

Comment

Working...
                        X